IGNORED

City Old Boys

Cole Not Gas

Of the dozens knocking around the 4 top divisions, who do you look out for? I didn't realise that Ayling was at Boro until yesterday but obviously realised Conway may come on against us.

When i watch Bournmouth Semenyo always catches the ye and he brushed off Arsenal defenders like they were Downs players. Scott as well with his socks down still seems a class act.

The one who really surprises me is Wes Burns, running down the wing in the P.L and scoring all those goals for Ipswich over the past couple of seasons(is it 30?) He was with us for 5 years, mostly overlooked when we had so many players but amazing he is still going.

Which clubs with our 'Old boys' do you look out for? 

• Like 1

On 20/10/2024 at 18:36, Lanterne Rouge said:

I keep an eye out for all of them - it`s weird how some Saturdays loads of our old boys score for other clubs and others (like yesterday) none do.

Mind you, Marley Watkins got the winner for Kilmarnock v Rangers today.

I agree. I’m always interested to see how our former players do and in fact when I’m watching a match that involves them, I’m more than likely to want their team to win because of that connection (provided they are a player that made a significant contribution in their time with us)

I had a soft spot for Man City when Gerry Gow went there, compounded by them getting to the cup final.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eardun said:

I agree. I’m always interested to see how our former players do and in fact when I’m watching a match that involves them, I’m more than likely to want their team to win because of that connection (provided they are a player that made a significant contribution in their time with us)

Playing for Cambridge on Saturday, Korey Smith hit a fine shot onto the bar, it rebounded onto the Goalie's head and in. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 22A said:

Playing for Cambridge on Saturday, Korey Smith hit a fine shot onto the bar, it rebounded onto the Goalie's head and in. 

Just looked it up thanks - good strike from the edge of the box. (Hadn’t picked up that Korey had gone there).

24 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

when did he go to palace? loan or perm? also,didnt we have that dean henderson in goal once?

Permanent. Arsenal cut ties with a few of their young stars this past summer, I suppose you have to be ruthless once you’re a team making a serious tilt at the Prem and Champions League. Nketiah went Palace and Smith-Rowe went Fulham.

16 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

The same player that stopped trying midway through his last year and forced a move?

Perhaps he could mentor Harry Cornick?

Wouldn't put them in the same category.

Cornick always puts effort in, he may not be the best footballer we have but he certainly hasn't downed tools.

They're chalk and cheese really