IGNORED

Stoke City away match thread

Jerseybean

Just now, spudski said:

No we haven't. We punted the ball into the box, with no real accuracy. 

Hence why the end products were so lame. 

Might as well keep punting it in the box if you think they are clear chances mate.

Three clear shots on goal. Get a ******* grip you clown.

1 minute ago, Jackson Lamb said:

I think we got away with that big time

Definitely. Think the fact he was so close was the only reason it wasn't given. Having said that, we've seen them given before.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

No we haven't. We punted the ball into the box, with no real accuracy. 

Hence why the end products were so lame. 

Might as well keep punting it in the box if you think they are clear chances mate.

The mehmeti and wells chances weren’t punts into the box. We have created chances .

Problem is we look so poor defensively. 

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

Ive said this to my lad,,, what does anyone really expect?!

What we might reasonably expect is that a club the size of ours, from a city the size of Bristol, might just once manage to do what Luton, Blackpool, Huddersfield, Swindon, Cardiff, Swansea, Bradford, Wigan, QPR, Brentford, Hull and Stoke have all done in the Premier League era.

I’m really starting to hate us. The club have given me so little over four decades of support.

• Like 5

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

Nice

The happy clappers can bask in the glow of last Saturdays win for a few more games but it doesn't paper over the cracks. 

Ineffective management and no quality in the squad. No goalscorer and no creativity.

Defend, try and score on the break, sit back and pray. Deja vu

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

There has been a reaction but you have to consider it in the context of Stoke raced into a 2 nil lead. 

Shocking start definitely and defensively at 6s and 7s but we have looked promising going forward. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What we might reasonably expect is that a club the size of ours, from a city the size of Bristol, might just once manage to do what Luton, Blackpool, Huddersfield, Swindon, Cardiff, Swansea, Bradford, Wigan, QPR, Brentford, Hull and Stoke have all done in the Premier League era.

I’m really starting to hate us. The club have given me so little over four decades of support.

Your lucky I've had over 7 decades.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

I'm expecting Leeds to declare at half time..............and i anticipate an innings defeat.       

When I was a u12s coach and in a league we really shouldn't have been in we were regularly on the wrong side of a dozen goals plus, I'd often have a word with the ref to end the game 5-10 mins early. We might want to do the same on Sat.

2 minutes ago, The chief said:

The mehmeti and wells chances weren’t punts into the box. We have created chances .

Problem is we look so poor defensively. 

As of now they've had three shots, all on target.

We've had 10...one on target.

1 minute ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

So we can't do it on a cold autumnal evening in Stoke then 🤦‍♂️

Well we couldn’t do it on a mild spring lunchtime a few months back so on a tepid autumnal evening we’ve got absolutely no chance.  Dread to think what would’ve happened on a cold wet winters night! 

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

I wholeheartedly agree

• Like 3

Just now, harvey54 said:

The happy clappers can bask in the glow of last Saturdays win for a few more games but it doesn't paper over the cracks. 

Ineffective management and no quality in the squad. No goalscorer and no creativity.

Defend, try and score on the break, sit back and pray. Deja vu

You said I wish we wouldn’t have won. 

I assume you want the same tonight.

Call me a happy clapper if you want,

I say you’re being a ***.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Stats say we have had ten shots, and forced one save. They have had three, all on target and scored two.

Exactly...we haven't created any decent chances. 

The balls in have been poor, leading to poor finishing opportunities.