IGNORED

Stoke City away match thread

Jerseybean

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

You’re lucky I've had over 7 decades.

Then you’ve seen us play in the top division, and play the best teams in the country on a regular basis at our own stadium.

I genuinely believe that city fans of my generation - born in the 80s and now in their 40s - must be amongst the most long suffering football supporters in the entire game, when it comes to the achievement of their club against potential. The club has given us nothing.

• Like 9

Just now, The chief said:

Yep. That mehmeti one was great defending tho. 
ooooh good save too.. 

It's not a good tactic to rely on crossing. 

Stats prove it's the least affective. 

It's so easy to defend against. 

We have players to open it up and pass more down the middle, but we don't. 

It's really poor. 

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

You said I wish we wouldn’t have won. 

I assume you want the same tonight.

Call me a happy clapper if you want,

I say you’re being a ***.

60 years of watching City. Few, brief years of top league football. The rest have been yo-yoing between leagues with promises of what might be. I'm a realist and that has more than 3 letters. If you want to dream, I'm not going to stop you. Enjoy

Edited by harvey54

4 minutes ago, bredwood said:

This keeper’s probably the best in the division 

Had plenty of practice last season, but I agree he is a good keeper.

Only 26 as well and supposedly had a £1m relegation release clause from Rotherham.

Paid for 600 pints for Rotherham fans as well,

Edited by Back of the Dolman

1 minute ago, Denbury Red said:

If we carry on playing like this we will score goals - but for goodness sake we must sort out the defence

This guy called Alex Fergussion once said strikers win games but defences win titles.....we are poor at both ends and non existent in midfield. 

There is lots to be encouraged about. We've moved it around quickly and created a lot of chances. Unfortunately, we didn't recruit anyone who can score on a regular basis. It's where we are really, good enough to compete but not clinical enough in either area to be a top side in this division.

• Like 1

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

In the main yes. Mehmeti should have done better with his chance 

Look at the chances Stoke create. On the ground, more through the middle, passing to feet, leading to better quality opportunities. 

We may have possession, but we aren't creating good chances, they are punts. Hence so many missed, or poorly executed. 

It's obvious to see. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cannybluff said:

There is lots to be encouraged about. We've moved it around quickly and created a lot of chances. Unfortunately, we didn't recruit anyone who can score on a regular basis. It's where we are really, good enough to compete but not clinical enough in either area to be a top side in this division.

That sounds very much like ‘We are too good to go down’

Edited by Ivorguy

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Look at the chances Stoke create. On the ground, more through the middle, passing to feet, leading to better quality opportunities. 

We may have possession, but we aren't creating good chances, they are punts. Hence so many missed, or poorly executed. 

It's obvious to see. 

That's called being two nil up and playing on the counter 

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Then you’ve seen us play in the top division, and play the best teams in the country on a regular basis at our own stadium.

I genuinely believe that city fans of my generation - born in the 80s and now in their 40s - must be amongst the most long suffering football supporters in the entire game, when it comes to the achievement of their club against potential. The club has given us nothing.

I’m one of those and wholeheartedly agree with you. I genuinely doubt I’ll ever see us in the PL in my lifetime. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

It's obvious to see. 

I’m not disagreeing with you spud 

• Thanks 1