IGNORED

Tonight

Guest longercidered

I think he may be talking about the "Man Utd are my second team" brigade, You know the ones, I have family in Manchester or I supported them long before they won the premier league for the first time......... :Sleep12:

I would be very surprised if theres no Man Utd fans there, They have to be some where cause they sure as hell aint in Manchester ! :P

Guest Hodges17

£7 for a reserve game? I wouldnt care if it's Man.Utd, thats harsh.

Mind you, the city board are good at overpricing.

£37 quid for a concert? I don't care if it's Elton john.

Guest Hodges17

It's awful.

Colin S (stolen from the Mighty Glos) says that City are helping to bring quality music to Bristol people.

How can he be doing that if most of them cant afford a ticket? Looking out for Clifton snobs is what is being done here.

£7 for a reserve game? I wouldnt care if it's Man.Utd, thats harsh.

Mind you, the city board are good at overpricing.

£37 quid for a concert? I don't care if it's Elton john.

Thats rich coming from a gas head, Old dunceford charges you lot for the bulbs in the flood lights !! :)

Guest KingswoodRed
To be fair Derbygas, I think the kind of person who would want to go will be the lot from clifton, I cant see to many of the lads from Hartcliffe getting down to "Your song" or Circle of life !  :P

Awwww I disagree.......

.....just for one night surely the Hartcliffe, Southmead, Bart Nil & Easton Possees could get together with their platforms and sing along to 'Are You Ready For Love'?

Be a shame to pass an opportunity like that up. :)

afraid a lot of nonsense here re prices- perhaps those questioning the Elton John prices should consider the following:

How much will EJ take himself

what will staging costs be

what attendance is maximum for the event.

My guess would be the answers to the first two questions are quite a lot, while let's say the attendance is limited to 25,000 - if tickets were priced at an average of 20 quid there wouldn't be much point in staging the event as my guess would be it would be loss making.

There will be a limited capacity and there will be plenty of peopkle in Bristol prepared to pay the price- remember the alternative is to travel to an alternative venue where no doubt pricing will be similar. If the club can make money from the event we should be behind them in wanting them to maximise the revenue, which will be ploughed back into supporting the on field activities.

Elton John is a world renowned performer and premium pricing should be expected. He could probably fill the Gate several times over so I look forward to the club making a good profit on the event, which will help to finace next seasons Division 1 campaign.

As for 7 quid for the Man you game seems pretty reasonable to me for a seat in the Williams to watch the Premiership stars of the future. How many pints is that??

Archived