IGNORED

Hearing Test For Butler ?

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

The shout of "keepers" was clearly heard in the Dolman, so why did Butler not duck under it, until that second went in we always looked in with a chance of snatching one.

For a player who made such a good impression last season, this season his game has been littered with mistakes that I would not expect such an experienced defender to make.

It's amazing what can happen to a player in the space of a year. About a year ago, Butler was on loan with us. He was impressive, and we signed him on a permanent basis. A great signing, and one of the reasons we were as good as we were last season. Danny Coles has become a better player since Butler signed, and I think this is largely due to TB's experience etc.

However, he is currently nowhere near player that we signed on a free a year ago. Occasionally indecisive, giving away needless balls, and costing us goals in some circumstances.

We're not short of centre backs. Drop Butler to the bench, bring in Fortune. I think that after a bit of a rest (and a slight kick up the ass), then I think that the real Tony Butler will return :( .

Guest citylady

i agree with tazman tony butler is not the player he was last year he is making to many mistakes this season so perhaps a rest on the bench might wake him up

I didnt catch the shout on the highlights, maybe they edited it out to save TB's blushes. I did hear a shout of "Danny man on" when the ball was floated over towards Coles, maybe it made him panic a bit and miss time the header.

Archived