IGNORED

Freedom Of Speech

Percy Parrot

aahhh, lighten up guys. I think there are just a few people on here jealous of Yeovil doing well.

Fact is that we have no reason to hate Yeovil- they have never played us in the league or been in competition with us in the league- to my knowledge they have never knocked us out in the cup either.

There are two simple facts here- firstly- many City fans, like myself, originally come from Somerset- where Yeovil are the only team. We have a right to like them and want them to do well. To give a personal example- my brother was playing in their youth team until the age of 17 and making appearances at Huish Park etc. So I have every reason to feel fond of them.

The other is that they are doing well and should be an example to City. They have, in a few years gone up 2 divisions, play some superb football and could go up again. This brings publicity, as does the Liverpool game, as does the fire. Let them enjoy their place in the limelight.

I agree not everyone is interested by them- but there has been little else to talk about recently re: City. If on the forum it's normally pretty obvious when the post is about Yeovil- if it doesn't interest you simply don't read it. Is it that hard to look up one message?

One of the worst aspects of football is that everyone feels they have to hate everyone else. That, in my opinion, shouldn't be the way.

Good luck to Yeovil in the league, vs Liverpool in the cup and most importantly this weekend when they are playing Rovers!!!

Hey I like Yeovil for several reasons (Family lives in Somerset, they are tied in with my local team Seattle Sounders, they play attractive football,etc.) I am a City fan though. While I'll happily root for Yeovil, City come first. Ex. Well Yeovil win I'm like cool, that's nice. And City I get the fist pumping and scream "Yes!!!!!" or something like that. So I surely hope they beat Liverpool but I'll wake up the next day and not really care either way. As opposed to an unexpected City victory which will have me happy for a few days.

I've obviously nothing against Yeovil so all to them knocking out Liverpool, but wouldn't it be better fit for discussion in the Football Talk Section, as the match has no true implications on City. It's not on the same day, we are still not guarenteed in to continue in that competition, and even if we were there were a thousand other teams entered in it too so on those lines we would seemingly discuss each of those as well :how funny:

Are you mired for another season in Division Two even as we sit in reach of the top teams less than halfway through?

I'm not sure at the moment yes we are doin OK but i hope we get out of this division BUT if we dont then be good to have a derby

Guest city3rovers2

I like Yeovil. Maybe this isnt the right place to talk about it, but theres no need to be nasty about it. they're a little team come good. All power to them, and i hope they beat liverpool and the gas and everyone else, and make it to the second. I guess you'd say they're my second team. If you don;'t like them, thats fine. no need to be horrible about them though.

Archived