IGNORED

The Incider - Issue 14 Is Now Live

edson

Issue 14 of The Incider is now online, oiled down and ready for you at www.theincider.com

As it's Christmas, we've worked really hard to try and make this the best bumper issue so far, as a present from us to you (if you want to get me anything in return, I want a PS2 and Pro Evolution Soccer. Ta.).

Issue 14 contains an exclusive interview with LIAM ROSENIOR, plus (and we're very excited about this) a debut column from the latest addition to the Incider ranks, the one and only BRIAN TINNION, who will be giving us a player's view of the season as it unfolds.

As if that wasn't enough (which clearly it isn't, it's only two things after all, however much we try to build it up), we also have the Bristol City Nativity Play, an exclusive reader offer, the usual array of gags and tomfoolery as well as your chance to win a t-shirt or indeed buy one from our beautiful Incider boutique.

We've really pulled out all the stops on this one, so we really hope you enjoy it.

Merry Christmas and all that from The Incider crew.

Cheers.

Guest Harry May

The Liam R interview is very interesting , reading between the lines it sounds like he had a problem with some of the other players . Also , he goes on about quotes from Ceefax - all seems abit like a smokescreen ?

His real reason for leaving the 'Gate is only known to him , but I suspect that he thought he was too good for us - as he more or less implies.

I hope we have learnt our lesson , with regards to promising young players and contracts.

Caldicot Red.

Well done for getting the Tinman, a real coup. Very interesting LR interview, especially the input from the agent.

The best Incider yet, congratulations.

Thanks for the time and an early Merry xmas to all of you at the best online fanzine i have ever read. (the only one, but we wont split hairs)

Potbelly.

Having read the Rosenior interview...............

People really wonder why agents are thought of as such t o s s e r s :D

The guy must have one of the brownest nose's in football.

Fair play to you Edson, how the hell you didn't smack him is beyond me ;)

Reading the interview, I wouldn't really blame Liam, but his agent on the other hand....... what a bum licking tool

Looking good; need to read more when boss is away.

By the way on the caption contest; who is this Richard Hatton (Neo) cos it ain't me. I unfortunately share my name with that dread-locked Cardiff (ex QPR) midfielder. :D

Excellent, I have enjoyed what I have read so far.

The LR interview was good, it's always difficult to get balance in these things but I thought he was pretty honest and came across as a intelligent chap (for a footballer).

I liked the cartoons, but have a query. Where did you find all those pictures of Graydoom smiling??? I know "photoshop" is good but......... :D

Too many pictures about Rovers this time - I thought as far as funny-ness, the graphics in the last issue (13) were the best in overall average quality - But The Rosenior interview certainly makes up for this as (at least for me) it was completely unexpexted and extremely interesting, possibly one of the best interviews on the site to date.

Overall I think it is very funny.

I am a little shocked, though, by the level of blasphemy. The crucifixion scene is - in particular - untimely, unfunny and unnecessary and it contains horrific spelling.

I can only apologise. I'm pleased to say, the typo has now been rectified.

Having read the Rosenior interview...............

People really wonder why agents are thought of as such t o s s e r s :D

The guy must have one of the brownest nose's in football.

Fair play to you Edson, how the hell you didn't smack him is beyond me  ;)

Reading the interview, I wouldn't really blame Liam, but his agent on the other hand....... what a bum licking tool

In defence of his agent, Mike Drew, he is just doing his job.

Liam is his client and, as his agent, Mike Drew made him aware of the option to take City to a disciplinary hearing. It is his job to represent Liam and get the best deal possible for his client, which he has probably achieved in this case. Not very good for us and not very palatable for the club, but that isn't really his concern.

Bearing in mind Mike represents several other City players, he certainly wouldn't want to damage his relationship with the club irrepairably, so it's only natural that he would be diplomatic in some of his answers.

I am a little shocked, though, by the level of blasphemy. The crucifixion scene is - in particular - untimely, unfunny and unnecessary and it contains horrific spelling.

Yes, it's tough sometimes to judge the correct level of acceptable language etc. However, while we try to balance it, as Editor I take the view that one advantage of being an independent fanzine is that we can go beyond the boundaries that the club itself might deem acceptable. I certainly wouldn't expect to see such things in a matchday programme or on the official website! That's one of the things about being written by fans, for fans. The fanzine's slogan says "Independent, Irreverent, Intelligent" and we aim to uphold at least the first two thirds of that mission statement!

As for blasphemy, I can only say that as a fully-qualified vicar myself I didn't find it beyond the pale, and I happen to know our readership includes more devoted Reverends than I (one vicar has been extremely patient at delays in receiving his Incider T-shirt having won a competition on the site a while ago.) I'd find it hard to argue that we can be satirical about mortal players and managers - and even the immortal Jacki - but that we'd better steer clear of the odd tongue-in-cheek reference to God in case he can't handle it.

All debatable, I guess, but you can't please all the people all the time, etc etc. Bless you my child, and may you continue to read the site.

And as for the spelling mistake, it seems another God-given opportunity to blame Tomarse. Even though Huw actually did it.

The Rev RedTop PhD (Theology) (yes, really!)

I AM REPLYING TO REDTOP

You could have dismissed my comment as a little dig but it wasn’t and I appreciate the reply which I find interesting.

By the way, what exactly do they teach in theology courses these days for people to come out thinking that the Nativity took place in “Israel” and not “Judea”? (Now that’s a little dig.)

Peace and loving kindness,

RZ

Edited because RedTop replied to himself just as I was composing my little message.

I actually believed that he had a real PhD and...oh I can't be arsed...

I AM REPLYING TO SKINEMCLIVE

Ok, I really shouldn't do this and I'm sure the Incider Crew won't be thanking me, but I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Some of the other images are made up and factually inaccurate too. See if you can spot them.

Nice work chaps. Liked the Concorde gag. Regarding Liam, it just confirms what I suspected and that is that the club dropped a bollock basically. I was intrigued with his comments regarding problems with others in the organisation. Any ideas what he is on about???

Nice work chaps. Liked the Concorde gag. Regarding Liam, it just confirms what I suspected and that is that the club dropped a bollock basically. I was intrigued with his comments regarding problems with others in the organisation. Any ideas what he is on about???

Thanks. No, I did try to press him on that, but he was not going to give any more away. Later in the interview, I tried to tempt him out with some leading questions, but he clearly wasn't going to take the bait.

As I said on another post, he is well trained and he was well rehearsed, and all power to his elbow for being so.

Funny how opinions can change so much when get both sides to every story.

What happened to that shirt we burn't? :(

RR agree, Bollock & dropping are two adequate words. :o

Guest Bootylicious

Another great issue, guys.

Great to see you have acquired Tinman, it will be interesting to read his take on events at City in future issues, as he is a very honest man.

Also good to read Liam's take on things. I haven't made my mind up on him yet though, so i'll reserve judgement until ive properly read his interview.

Keep up the great work.

:(

Archived