IGNORED

Widemen

Guest jaypug

So all this discussin about our strikers not doing the business at the moment, does anyone agree we need to try & get a wideman to provide a bit more service for the lads up front?

If so who would be interested?

Brown does his job when played on the left in refernce to width.

When Wilkshire was playing there at the start of the season we had none as he had a tendancy to drift infield - as he's a centre midfielder.

Roberts can add width but he still has relatively little experience as a winger.

If we play 5-3-2 like on Saturday playing Carey at wing back we will have little or no width. I don't rate Carey as a defender let alone an attacking wing back.

We're really missing that wide right attacker this season. With Wilkshire away for most of January that further reduces our options. Roberts isn't the long term answer, neither is Big Kev.

A signing, either permanent or on loan is needed I think.

So all this discussin about our strikers not doing the business at the moment, does anyone agree we need to try & get a wideman to provide a bit more service for the lads up front?

If so who would be interested?

Absolutely, it has been well documented on here that we need a wide right player. Miller and Peacock (as Danny does seem to prefer this partnership when both are fittish) would thrive a balls being crossed from the bye-line. This type of ball is also a nightmare for defenders who are generally facing their own goal.

It was reported widely yesterday that Torquay had turned down a £200,000 bid for their winger David Graham*, it was an increased offer from one originally rejected earlier. He can play wide right as well as in central attack and from what I have seen of Torquays goals this term is a provider ans well as a finisher. The club involved was not mentioned. Have we got £250,000 to spare?

* Former Rangers and Dunfermline. This season 11 goals in 17 appearances, last season 15 goals in 26 appearances before injury ended his season early.

It was reported widely yesterday that Torquay had turned down a £200,000 bid for their winger David Graham*, it was an increased offer from one originally rejected earlier. He can play wide right as well as in central attack and from what I have seen of Torquays goals this term is a provider ans well as a finisher. The club involved was not mentioned. Have we got £250,000 to spare?

* Former Rangers and Dunfermline. This season 11 goals in 17 appearances, last season 15 goals in 26 appearances before injury ended his season early.

I'm fairly sure that David Graham has been playing mainly as a frontman this season rather than out wide and from the reports i've heard from Torquay he is a class above anything else they've had down there for years.

Plymouth put in an offer a month or so ago but I'm unsure whether Torquay rejected it or Graham turned down the move.

If we have £250k going spare i'd like to see it used to try and attract Mr Cureton to Bristol or perhaps a cheeky move to get Murray back as it seems he's not a Steve Coppell type of player. If both of those are non starters then i'd have no complaints about a move for Graham.

Archived