IGNORED

The Sad Fact About Bristol Teams

Red Robin

:D Quite scarey really both Bristol clubs playing sides who are upstarts in terms of the football world this saturday.

What is even more scarey is both CITY and ROVERS are underdogs for there respective matches.

Say's it all really how far behind both clubs are in the bigger picture.

But respect to YEOVIL AND RUSHDEN because they have earnt there respective places in todays football world.

Com On Bristol seventh largest city with a very average set of football clubs.

;)

Guest Cider Red Sam

I'll willingly bet that in 10 years time both City and Rovers will be playing at least 2 divisions higher than yeovil and Rushden (well, City will be, this may sound mad, but I'm 100% convinced that in 10 years time we'll either be in the prem or very close to reaching it). And just because the bookies say Rushden are favourites doesn't mean anything. We all know City should win today, therefore we all know City should be favourites.

Guest Bigdave60
I'll willingly bet that in 10 years time both City and Rovers will be playing at least 2 divisions higher than yeovil and Rushden (well, City will be, this may sound mad, but I'm 100% convinced that in 10 years time we'll either be in the prem or very close to reaching it). And just because the bookies say Rushden are favourites doesn't mean anything. We all know City should win today, therefore we all know City should be favourites.

I have been saying that for fifty years, apart from a few seasons in the 70s we have languished in this situation.

I have every respect for our present chairman, but is he the calibre of Harry Dolman?

And they are doing it without an academy.

... which means there is only so far they can go and for so long (like City in the 70s).

When/if City do move up another level the academy will still be providing the means of consolidating that position ready for the next push.

When/if City do move up another level the academy will still be providing the means of consolidating that position ready for the next push.

I don't agree. The quality of youngsters coming through now are barely good enough for a mediocre 2nd Div side, so why should they ever be good enough to get us into the premiership? Face it, we are no better off now, playing wise, than we were four years, or so, ago.

<br /> I don't agree. The quality of youngsters coming through now are barely good enough for a mediocre 2nd Div side, so why should they ever be good enough to get us into the premiership? Face it, we are no better off now, playing wise, than we were four years, or so, ago.

I'm confident that if we did go up the youngsters currently in the side would rise to the new standard; I'm not so sure about some of the senior/veteran players because if they were as good as they should be we'd be in no trouble now.

I'd much rather have the current squad than the overpaid, underfit misfits that Pulis foisted upon us at the time you hold so dear.

You can only see Yeovil progressing further up the leagues too.

How do you work that one out then????? Yeovil is a tiny Town with a population of 40,000.Are you suggesting that over 50% of Yeovil will come along to watch them play in the future after Gary Johnson has moved on and Yeovil return to where they came from???????

<br /> How do you work that one out then????? Yeovil is a tiny Town with a population of 40,000.Are you suggesting that over 50% of Yeovil will come along to watch them play in the future after Gary Johnson has moved on and Yeovil return to where they came from???????

I agree, it won't last, just as Rushden are struggling to pull in the crowds, only 3,300 of them yesterday.

Yeovil will not rise above Division 2 in my humble opinion. The facts and history are there, small town clubs can hit a rise but cannot sustain it: Cheltenham, Macclesfield are but two in recent years. Wimbledaon have also proven the point magnificently. The only exception, to date, is Wigan.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Rushden won't be a football league team in 10 years time.

They have serious financial concerns an the man thats taken them this far wants out, I think because the crowds just aren't turning out.

Yeovil could become a fairly large club if they can become the team for somerset. If people from Taunton and Tiverton ect were to adopt Yeovil then they could muster some decent support.

All this depends on Yeovil becoming a team everyone in Somerset would be proud of and want to follow.

Archived