IGNORED

Highs And Lows Of The Year

Dave L

As the slurring drunk of 2003 stumbles towards the Late Night Curry house of infinity, I wonder what people's highs and lows have been for the last calendar year.

The highs: The Mill Stad, Oldham at Home (Scott's wonder goal), Cardiff at Home in the League, The Tinnion Night, Lee Miller's last minute winner versus Barnsley. The emergence of Luke Wilkshire.

The lows: Home to Wigan (bit of a reality check there) Cardiff Play Offs. Losing Scott Murray. Kicking off another season in Div 2. New forum software. Idiots that wrecked the pub in Cardiff after the LDV final. No game against the Gas.

Guest Dolman Moaner

Highs :

LDV Final, looking across at the massed ranks of our fans.

Sitting next to Neo in the Dolman. :D

Miller's equaliser against QPR, silencing those Cockney idiots just after they took the lead.

Watching Real Mallorca play some fantastic football.

Lows :

Play Offs.

Rovers not going down.

Danny Wilson.

No real highs to do with football but I went around W-s-M Links course in 92 last August.Not brilliant by good golfing standards but amazing for me with a 24 handicap.

Lows - Drawing with Cardiff at AG and not reaching the play-off final.Selling Murray to Reading for a pittance.

The Highs Come In Abundance!...

Cardiff Away in the league (2-0), Oldham at home (2-0 and Murray's wonder goal), Mansfield Away (5-4), Port Vale away (3-2), 7 Minutes of pure ecstasy at Luton when 2-1 up while Cardiff and Crewe were losing (2-2), the 7-0 drubbing of Heybridge Swifts, The LDV Win and run that came with it with games away at Bournemouth and Cambridge providing great memories.

The Lows:

Missing out in the play-offs, That abysmal run through January and February, losing to Wycombe on new years day ending a 19 game unbeaten run, losing 3-0 at Wycombe, drawing 1-1 at home to Luton looking completely clueless, And the loss of Scott Murray.

Highs

Schumacher and Ferrari winning the championship again in a well contested season

Great football being played in the Spanish La Liga

Arsenal winning their group after only one point from the first three games in the Champions League

Watching the best footballer in the world - Thierry Henry - although Ruud van Nistelrooy, Zinedine Zidane, Claude Makelele, and yes David Beckham pushed him close

Lows

Only one, City failing again

Sitting next to Neo in the Dolman.    :D

Awww, you are a sweety.

Highs

Atmosphere away to Cardiff

The build up to the LDV

Winning Rugby World Cup

Wilkshire & Tins together at last

Lows

Losing to Cardiff in play-offs

Lack of atmosphere at the LDV

Realisation that it will be a VERY long time before we win the football World Cup

Bristol City:

High: LDV Final

Low: Play-off failure

Sport in General:

High: An English sports team actually becoming World Champions

Low: The millstone around football's neck that won't go away - violence and thuggery.

My Life in General:

High: My new grandson

Low: The loss of my father

Funny thing - perspective...

Archived