IGNORED

Something To Think About

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

A few years back I went to Anfield to see Saints play. That day we lost 7-1, Fowler and own taking the ######.

Today saints went to Anfield and won, 2-1 and lets face it, it's not a shock. Now on the same day this happens City are playing Rushden and Diamonds. I don't think Rushden were even a conference side when this happend, not they're picking up points against us!

We also saw the first league meeting between Rovers and the glovers today, with Yeovil winning. At the time of the 7-1 Anfield disaster I don't think it was conceivable that Rovers would be losing to Yeovil in the bottom league.

Next season it'll be us losing to Yeovil at home. We'll see a side well motivated and organised turn us over. At the same time Plymouth will be playing Cardiff in Div 1. Both these teams will have overtaken us in this decade.

All this underlines one thing.

Us and Rovers have gone backwards, both on and off the pitch - While Plymouth, Saints, Cardiff and Yeovil all look like going forward at a fast pace.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"desparate"

Yeah I think that's the word for it. Poor excuses churned out week after week for points we shouldn't drop, not enough lids to go around for hot drinks, too "costly" to open a couple of turnstiles, our core supporters treated badly and even thrown out and banned for standing.

I could go on but the mrs is giving me dodgy looks.

So how come we are going backwards now?

Cos both clubs have been stupid, and tried to buy success, and failed, and both sets of fans become cynical, over the years.

Why? cos we hear it every year its going to be different, and both sets of fans think their team is better than they actually are, and the derby rivalry takes over everything, so long as we beat the others, and play well, even if we dip on promotion, hey we are happy!!

While both teams are in different divisions we should focus on promotion out of these ###### divisions, and get stable where there is some money.

Also stop buying over paid, overrated donkey players for rediculous sums of money, or even on frees.

Finally stick with City/Rovers(someone has to), cos you support your team, for ever, through thick and thin, & cos City at least will get do Div 1 eventually, and I'll probably be an even older man with even greyer hair, who will croak I remember us in the old Div 1- that were a proper team, laddie, and I'll be happy, for a while!!

Its only the depth that varies...

Totally agree with poster, but fair play to them.

This club has not moved quick enough for many reasons, so it comes as no suprise we are being overtaken, which is right. We have no divine right etc etc

We can lie here and take it, or the club, fans, players might actually decide to get off their asses and kick some. (politely put!) Stop posting on the forum and take direct action if that's what it takes.

Archived