IGNORED

Steve Phillips

Bristol Boy

I think the fumbled free kick save yesterday, that could have put us 2-0 down and the poor attempt at Blackpool, leading to their goal, are signs that his form isn't the best and it's time for the club to find someone to put his position under serious threat which MS, at his age, doesn't.

I was surprised to see Stowell retained last season because there were lots of young keepers released.

Not as important as the outfield loan player, but would give us genuine competition for places.

I think the fumbled free kick save yesterday, that could have put us 2-0 down and the poor attempt at Blackpool, leading to their goal, are signs that his form isn't the best and it's time for the club to find someone to put his position under serious threat which MS, at his age, doesn't.

I was surprised to see Stowell retained last season because there were lots of young keepers released.

Not as important as the outfield loan player, but would give us genuine competition for places.

Is this the same Steve Phillips that some were on here were quoting as being worth £300,000, £400,000, £500,000?? only last week.

Two words..'dodgy keeper'.

I have lost count of the amount of times that opposing fans have sang that at him, can they all be wrong?

No they can't. His flapping at crosses is staggeringly poor. His ability to palm out shots straight to attacking players and not sideways is shocking.

His biggest minus imh(umble)o is his attacks on the supporters and his stares when disapproval is shown, it shows an amazing lack of respect to those who pay his wages.

I am surprised alott of you did not notice but at the beginning of the game the pitch and ball were very slippery and the ball was zipping around which is why i was surprised the city players were not taking more long shots along the ground and making their keeper work more.

NO!!

Its time to find someone to TAKE his position.

If your buying a player he should be better than what you already have.

Should not be to hard to find someone then :(  :o

Can't argue with that Maltshoveller :Party27: :Party27: :Party27:

To add to my earlier two words, here's another two..'Get Rid'

Guest ziderhead2003

Hes a very unconsistat keeper. Maybe its time that DW gave stowell a first team chance, as i do think that he deserves it. He has been very patient waitng. Fair play to the bloke. Give stowell a chance danny and see what he can do for us.

Hes a very unconsistat keeper. Maybe its time that DW gave stowell a first team chance, as i do think that he deserves it. He has been very patient waitng. Fair play to the bloke. Give stowell a chance danny and see what he can do for us.

I dunno about that, what about City Cat? :(

If by some miracle we did sell 'Ol' Flapper', just think what we could do with the £500,000!! :o

Inconsistant - agree.

He has made some match saving one on one saves, but overall I would say that he has cost us as many goals in his lack of ability at free kicks & cross's.

Don't believe he breads the greatest confidence to those in front of him.

:(

Stowell, umm NO.

And to those idiots who inflate the guys already over inflated ego with "Englands No.1" please, it is cringe time.

Guest Bootylicious

What you on about?

According to some fans at the game yesterday, we have 'England's number 1' and 'England's number 2' at City! :(

Seriously though, Steve really does need some serious competition to keep him on his toes. He seems to have slacked off a little.

Either that or the coaching staff need to work at his handling 'abilities' and positional sense.

NO!!

Its time to find someone to TAKE his position.

If your buying a player he should be better than what you already have.

Should not be to hard to find someone then :(  :o

Finally somebody that thinks along the same the lines as me.

I have nothing against Philips, but he is inconsistant, and we do not have a replacement for him if he was injured.

You don't bring somebody into the squad who is not better than the personel you already have.

Personally I would have looked at Rhys? Evans the Swindon keeper. Was a free signing from Chelsea in the summer, and is (or at least was at the time) England u21 goalkeeper.

Archived