IGNORED

The Striker Mix

Bristol Boy

We need to review the mix up front and, although I never thought I'd say this, have Roberts and Miller with Lita & Peacock on the bench.

Once we also find this elusive right winger, we'll start scoring as sure as eggs are eggs!

Rushden had two big guys up front who dwarfed our defenders, but didn't cause many problems because they didn't play together and had scant service because we had the ball all the time!

We need to review the mix up front and, although I never thought I'd say this, have Roberts and Miller with Lita & Peacock on the bench.

Once we also find this elusive right winger, we'll start scoring as sure as eggs are eggs!

Rushden had two big guys up front who dwarfed our defenders, but didn't cause many problems because they didn't play together and had scant service because we had the ball all the time!

Two big guys up-front is great as long as your wide men get to the bye-line and pull crosses across.

One thing, Peacock does not punch his weight or height and doesn't consider himself to be a target man, he is quite leaden footed in the air and concedes numerous free kicks when challenging for high balls.

Sorry, also, Roberts has lost all confidence in front of goal. Lita with Miller for me with Peacock on the bench.

Right winger is the priority for a loan.

Two big blokes up front didn't do Crewe any harm when they had Hulse and Ashton together. It's not about size but work rate and understanding. Although Peacock has taken some stick here today, he did actually work well to set up Miller's goal.

More of the same and we'd all be happy.

Archived