IGNORED

Prepare For A Great Run

RedTop

I'm pleased to say MrsRedTop has given birth to another City fan. When our first RedTopJnr was born 15 months ago, Beadle's goal against Port Vale (I think) sent us on a run of about 12-odd games unbeaten which set us up for our promotion challenge. She was about three months old or something stupid before she experienced the bitter taste of defeat. So hopefully we can now look forward to another spectacular run of form which will propel us into the top two. If the run never emerges, I'll obviously have to blame it all on him.

And of course, as our first boy, the latest addition be expected to sign schoolboy forms at the Gate by the age of 14, be pushing for a first team place by 18, score a goal in a cup final a few months later and walk out on the club after spotting a postmark error by the time he's 20. Or something like that.

He's already heavier than expected, is adept at writhing around and has spent most of his life in hospital, so it looks like he's following the Lee Matthews path to success.

Needless to say, the red City romper suit is at the hospital, ready for us to bring him home in it. RedTopJnr, that is, not Lee Matthews.

Congratulations, but tell us more. We need to know the name that we have to look out for in the future (not Glynn Flynn is it?). We need to know birth weight etc, to get the Gate catering sorted!

Aren't you coming back soon or are you extending your stay now? I thought you were out there for 2 years, that must be up now?

New baby and Xmas, how exciting can it get! Oh yes, and of course we can all enjoy the change of fortune City will show us for the next 3 (?) months. :(

:sport18:

If we get a good run throughout Christmas and actually manage to win a game in the month beginning with 'J', we must not mention, then I'm afraid you'll have to tell your wife that its a kid a year for as long as you can both keep going. :(

I believe it was Lita at Port Vale. And that actually resulted in a 19 game unbeaten run! Ah... Good times!

Incidently, I believe she also shares my birthday (September 26th), or am I off the mark?!

Lita scored the winner, his fiorst for the first team, Beadle scored one I believe as we cruised the first half 2-0. Seconf half they get back to 2-2 before Lita strikes with only minute or so to go.

Thanks for the best wishes. The name to look out for will be Ethan Flynn, though you'll probably get more used to seeing his name as Ethan Flynn 35, 47, 78 (pen).

I'm anticipating giving up exile and returning to the UK by about March, in time to be back in my season ticket seat for the run-in.

As a matter of interest, how old does a young 'un have to be before they're old enough to take to the Gate and enjoy it? I was seven but that's much too old. I can't see myself holding back that long. How young were your kids when you first took them to see City?

Guest Harry May

Congratulations Brian. Hope Mum and Son are both well.

Started taking my nippers when they were about 5 years old - which is about right.

Caldicot Red.

Congratulations Brian & family.

Rumour this side of the pond is that after 2 inside 15 months your missus is praying you stop taking the term incid'er quite so literally. Having said that though, you are on a hattrick.....

There's a celebratory cider waiting on the bar for you when you get back.

As a matter of interest, how old does a young 'un have to be before they're old enough to take to the Gate and enjoy it? I was seven but that's much too old. I can't see myself holding back that long. How young were your kids when you first took them to see City?
<br /> 5 and 4.

But its impossible to generalise. My 4 year old (now 7) absolutely loved it and is totally hooked whereas the 5 year old (now 8) just doesn't get it - hence cello lessons and drama club..........

Archived