IGNORED

Which Schools Support City?

Br 1st ol

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Wellsway in Keynsham. Most were City, apart nearly everyone that went there from Longwell Green, who were nearly all scum - I mean Rovers fans

Hengrove School - highest truancy rate in the country I'll have you know......  :P

And they insist on beating up on catholics!

I went to St Bernadette's opposite Hengrove. Like most schools in the Hengrove, Knowle, Whtichurch areas it is prodominantly city fans.

Whenever the blue and white quartered shirt came out at P.E., that person tended to get tackled without the ball more than most!!

Cotham, same as Red Goblin and Dolman Moaner I believe.

If that is the Dolman Moaner; my friend and some would say my lover; then he didn't go to Cotham; he went to Hartcliffe; unless he was lying to me all these years.

Would explain why he knows it all!

<br /> If that is the Dolman Moaner; my friend and some would say my lover; then he didn't go to Cotham; he went to Hartcliffe; unless he was lying to me all these years.

Sorry, I thought it was the moaner but must be one of the others, I will edit if it will allow.

I went to hartcliffe. Mainly city not to many gasheads left a football field with their legs in tact in our school.

Same. The odd Gashead was present, but most kept their allegiance quiet. Or in my mates case went and got a season ticket at Leeds. Really is no hope for that poor sod.

Guest lydneyred

Kingsfield School in Kingswood, think given that it was in the heart of blue town we were in the minority!

Went to uni to South Bank in London to find 6 more City fans on my course and to find that we were the most supported team on our course, which was a sports degree.

I left Monks park 1985ish. Probably half and half which is good as really Rovers territory.

Can honestly say that most of the gasheads didn't even make 6th form and weren't the brightest tadpoles in the pond.

Can honestly say that most of the gasheads didn't even make 6th form and weren't the brightest tadpoles in the pond.
<br /> As an ex Monks Parker myself i can second that, the year of 92 were academically challenged also.

Did anyone go to Lockleaze (the one that got shut down i think or was that Withywood?)

Half of my year went to Monks Park the other Half to Lockleaze after leaving junior school, we clashed frequently, namely at football/rugby matches where there were our derby rivals. Lockleaze was very much a Gas school, glad its closing next summer, it is/was a dump.

Guest lydneyred
Did anyone go to Lockleaze (the one that got shut down i think or was that Withywood?) or any other really rough school. Being at Kingsfield I remember well over 100 running battels and riots with our enemies the Grange, aaahh those were the days!

Can remember the 2 heads of Grange and Kingsfield meeting to arrange it so that things like Teacher training days were either the same day or where different days?

Also the battle for the space at the brook hiding from teachers!

Guest WillsbridgeRed

We uesed to have battles like that between Wellsway and Broadlands. Both schools had different inservice days so would show up on a lunch time.

i've heard SBL and Hannam High having huge battles, and SBL and the Grange having aggro between each other.

We uesed to have battles like that between Wellsway and Broadlands.  Both schools had different inservice days so would show up on a lunch time.

i've heard SBL and Hannam High having huge battles, and SBL and the Grange having aggro between each other.

i went to broadlands, what year did you leave Wellsway?

keynsham park used to be quite fun on a dinner hour :(

most were all city in my year or alot liked rugby.

Guest Dolman Moaner
<br /> If that is the Dolman Moaner; my friend and some would say my lover; then he didn't go to Cotham; he went to Hartcliffe; unless he was lying to me all these years.

It was indeed Hartcliffe Neo Mate, if it was Cotham, I would probably not be stuck in this hell hole of a job.

When I went, it was a massive school with both buildings in use.

I seem to remember our English Teacher beating up the Headmaster as well.

Gasheads were unheard of to be honest.

Still, ask me anything about Lighter Gas or Evo Stick :P

Guest ziderhead2003

I go to St. Thomas More school in horfield. An the only 2 real city fans in the whole school are me & me mate. But i dont care because it doesnt affect me, even though i do get quite alot of abuse from my friends. how funny. Never mind i will carry on surpporting CITY.

COME ON YOU REDS!

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"i went to broadlands, what year did you leave Wellsway?"

98, well after you!

I missed the whole "party in the park :(" thing. By my time the thing to do was to show up at one anothers partys ect

I go to St. Thomas More school in horfield. An the only 2 real city fans in the whole school are me & me mate. But i dont care because it doesnt affect me, even though i do get quite alot of abuse from my friends. how funny. Never mind i will carry on surpporting CITY.

COME ON YOU REDS!

Horfield has becoming one hell of a big district since I grew up there.

It was indeed Hartcliffe Neo Mate, if it was Cotham, I would probably not be stuck in this hell hole of a job.

When I went, it was a massive school with both buildings in use.

I seem to remember our English Teacher beating up the Headmaster as well.   

Gasheads were unheard of to be honest.

Still, ask me anything about Lighter Gas or Evo Stick :P

<br /> That's two individuals who seem to think (mistakingly) that an education at Cotham would have been an advantage in life, if it was I missed out and so did Red Goblin from the evidence of his comments on life in the early 80s.

Like most schools the top tier got an education the rest of us were left to our own devices!!

However, looking at the Friends Reunited website, the majority of my year seem to have great jobs all over the world/uk, but who is being truthful :(

Guest Uxbridge Red

Ashton Gate Primary - 99% City 1977-83

Ashton Park Secondary - Same 1983-88

I knew one gas head in the whole school, and he kept VERY quiet!!

:(

Guest Madlisa

Grange Warmley/Kingswood

when I went ,I was the only City Fan that showed their colours, there was a few other city fans in my year, I was always getting told off for having a go and wearing my scarf, I found it fun they all hated me

THE GRANGE MUST SAY 50/50 BETWEEN CITY AND ROVERS BACK IN 1975/76

We used to have large battles with st Bernard Lovell School back then which was a gas area.

HOLLOWAY WAS IN THERE YEAR AND WAS A EXCEPTIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYER.

When I lived in Longwell green we used to kick a ball about very quite lad I must say back then.

Longwell Green was mostly city but Cadbury Heath Banjo Island was all gas.

I'm surprized there are so many of us 'St Bernadetters' as it is a very small school compared with some of the others, Briz has thousands and Hengrove I think is big too. St Bernadettes seem to concentrate on playing rugby but do produce mostly City fans. :(

Guest east_dundry_red

I see a few people have mentioned kingswood.

I go to college there and I'm hated for being a city fans.

On my first day walked in with my city shirt on and 1st thing i heard was "city scum" charming!

Guest east_dundry_red
I'm surprized there are so many of us 'St Bernadetters' as it is a very small school compared with some of the others, Briz has thousands and Hengrove I think is big too. St Bernadettes seem to concentrate on playing rugby but do produce mostly City fans. :(
<br /> Bernadettes a rugby school? If they did then their team was ####. I remember when i was in year 11, i play for st bernadettes rugby club (nothing at all to do with the school) and we played their year 11 team must say that the amout of points we scored was in the hunddreds with still 20 mins left to play, they stoped it 10 mins short as we were around 140 points clear.

<br /> Were you any good?  :(

I am a girl so we were never allowed to play :(

We were allowed to play football though sometimes, I scored some cracking goals, but it was easy as the girl in goal didn't want to dive for the ball and get dirty!!! :o

<br /> Bernadettes a rugby school? If they did then their team was ####. I remember when i was in year 11, i play for st bernadettes rugby club (nothing at all to do with the school) and we played their year 11 team must say that the amout of points we scored was in the hunddreds with still 20 mins left to play, they stoped it 10 mins short as we were around 140 points clear.

I don't know if we were any good, obviously not! I was just saying that the boys in school played rugby much more that football, they obviously needed the practise! My boy has been at the school since September and has only played rugby, no footie. He isn't any good though, so I guess the tradition lives on! :(

I am a girl so we were never allowed to play :(

We were allowed to play football though sometimes, I scored some cracking goals, but it was easy as the girl in goal didn't want to dive for the ball and get dirty!!! :(

I was aware of your femininity, hardly equality of the sexes is it.

I used to referee University and college rugby matches on Wednesday afternoons, just loved it when I was given a ladies match to do :( especially when after one game they insisted I share the team bath with them all :( and then spend the evning on the p155 :o

Guest redrobin108

LockLeaze in late 70's & early 80's. Mainly city fans as there were in the old div 1.

Scored a goal pass that great city keeper from Lockleaze school Mike Hooper.

Guest Bootylicious

I went to Downend, along with Sekani Simpson and Darren Hawkins (who were in my tutor!).

Most of the students were, however, Gas fans for some bizarre reason.

Ashton Gate Primary - 99% City  1977-83

Ashton Park Secondary - Same 1983-88 

I knew one gas head in the whole school, and he kept VERY quiet!!

:(

Ashton gate primary 67-73

Ashton park 73-79

We only had 1 gashead as well and I believe they tried to hang him once!

Obviously a rougher generation. :o:(

Guest The Clevedon and Romford Vessel
i went to clevedon community school. anyone else went there?

I did but it was called Clevedon Comp! :( when I went

Guest The Clevedon and Romford Vessel
<br /> Garfield is in Seattle, Sir Mix-a-lot is an old-time rapper.  Had a few big hits like "Baby got back".

Sir Mix is a legend.....

Who else would come up with brilliance like this.....

I like big butts and I can not lie

You other brothers can't deny

That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waste

And a round thing in your face

You get sprung, wanna pull up tough

'Cause you notice that butt was stuffed

Deep in the jeans she's wearing

I'm hooked and I can't stop staring

Oh baby, I wanna get wit'cha

And take your picture

My homeboys tried to warn me

But with that butt you got makes me feel so horny

Sir Mix is a legend.....

Who else would come up with brilliance like this.....

I like big butts and I can not lie

You other brothers can't deny

That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waste

And a round thing in your face

You get sprung, wanna pull up tough

'Cause you notice that butt was stuffed

Deep in the jeans she's wearing

I'm hooked and I can't stop staring

Oh baby, I wanna get wit'cha

And take your picture

My homeboys tried to warn me

But with that butt you got makes me feel so horny

http://www.sirmixalot.info/

He's doing his own record company now. Making music for the love of it not the malarky the record companies want.

He is legend, don't think he ever went to class though. I seem to remember him and his "posse" hanging out rapping in the halls. With the little tinge of pot smoke lingering around. Ahhhh the joys of inner-city schools (I still get a good chuckle when visiting Bristol and people say "this is the bad part of town, watch out", I really want to say I don't think you understand what bad is...)

"36-28-36 only if she's 4'10''" Is that a line in Baby got back as well?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Do they still teach you how to run through Keynsham park? Broandlands were always know for their running skills in the 70's/80's by all accounts :P:P

Guest Totterdown Tom

St. Bernadettes again, although slightly before Tommy. Had quite a good footy team at the time and competed against such luminaries as Marcus Browning (Hartcliffe), Jason Drysdale(Bris)-who was a wonderful player as a kid.

Hammered Hengrove every year! :(

Archived