IGNORED

Tommorrow At Barnsley

Robbored

Wilson says in the local press today that there could be changes for tomorrows game at B'sley and that his players 'need to stay on their toes'.

I for one like to hear such rhetoric from our manager but will only believe it when he drops Peacock, brings Lita or Roberts in along side Miller with Amankwaah(if fit) or Roberts wide right.

With no points at stake this could be the opportunity for Wilson to see how effective a change of the front combination could be.With City's midfield of Tinnion and Wilkshire doing the buisness lately they should be able to make the most of any space left by an attacking Barnsley(they will attack this time won't they?)

Its upto Wilson now to put his money where his mouth is and go for it tomorrow night.

I firmly believe we will have more chance of winning at Oakwell than at Ag simply because the game will be far more open and therefore there will be more space. Barnsley will have to come forward and with the prospect of a home tie against their near neighbours it should spur them on. We do look far more dangerous on the counter attack than when we dominate possession.

Additionally the club needs the £50,000+ money a third round tie V Wednesday will bring in and hopefuly a money spinning fourth round tie.

hopefully we are going to see Barnsley try & score tomorrow but i would not want to bet on whether they just sit back & let us do all the attacking & try to nick a goal on the Break!!

Guest redrobin108

Does'nt matter which side he plays, Leroy Lita will still be on the bench, Roberts could not hit a barn door at present and peacock will be too busy looking for any women/schoolgirls in the stand.

Since the beginning of the season, it has been the lack of goals which is the problem, we are one of the best passing teams in the division, but 10 draws out of 21 games tells it own story.

The only change I would put money on tonight, is that Clist will be dropped. Certainly from the team and quite possibly from the squad.

Wilson played him out of position and will now use his own mistake as a reason for leaving Clist out again, regardless of the fact he did well in a central three, with Wilkshire and Tinnion, before we inexplicably changed to 4-4-2 against Rushden.

My guess would be that he'll want to bring Burnell or Doherty back in, but I hope he was impressed sufficiently by Roberts' direct running last Saturday, to find a place for him too.

My guess at Wilson's team for tonight would be:

............................Phillips................................

...............Coles.......Hill......Woodman...............

Roberts.....Wilkshire....Doherty...Tinnion...Brown

.....................Peacock.....Miller.........................

Mine would be:

Roberts.....Wilkshire.....Tinnion....Clist......Brown

.....................Lita.....Miller..............................

I know it's a risk playing with so many attacking players, but Barnsley have hardly shown themselves to be a team that go at the opposition when they've played us, so I'd throw caution to the wind, and go with pace and width and see how they cope.

I know it's a risk playing with so many attacking players, but Barnsley have hardly shown themselves to be a team that go at the opposition when they've played us, so I'd throw caution to the wind, and go with pace and width and see how they cope.

I would not consider that playing with your 2nd selection to be remotely alarming, given how we played at the start of the season with Burnell and Tommy D, I would far rather see a 'Newcastle style of game' whereby we look extremely dangerous going forwards and none too clever when defending.

If we have to get beaten, its better to go out this way than to play defensively and still get beaten whilst looking as dangerous as my Mum going forward.

Mine would be:

Roberts.....Wilkshire.....Tinnion....Clist......Brown

.....................Lita.....Miller..............................

Those two wide men will leave the back three badly exposed for an away Cup replay.

I actually think Barnsley will be considerably more attacking tonight with a full house home tie against SW as the prize. They also play a bit route one so some more height at the back would be useful.

I would change have a back three of Carey Coles Hill with Woodman left midfield and drop Brown to the bench.

Still don't like Roberts wide right, however, I do not have the benefit of seeing him there on Saturday. Few natural alternatives though :(

I would not consider that playing with your 2nd selection to be remotely alarming, given how we played at the start of the season with Burnell and Tommy D, I would far rather see a 'Newcastle style of game' whereby we look extremely dangerous going forwards and none too clever when defending.

If we have to get beaten, its better to go out this way than to play defensively and still get beaten whilst looking as dangerous as my Mum going forward.

We have the players in our squad to really have a go at teams. It's a crying shame that we spend so much time worrying about what the opposition has in its locker rather than concentrating on our own attributes as an attacking force.

I fully expect Wilson to go with selection 1 (above) but he could well go with:

..........................Phillips.......................

Carey.......Coles...........Hill......Woodman

Roberts.....Doherty......Tinnion.......Brown

..................Peacock....Miller..................

From past experience, it would not surprise me in the slightest if Wilson's rallying cry for more goals resulted in him ironically reintroducing Doherty for either Wilkshire or Tinnion. Ah well, so much for the dream of attacking football.

Well, its all guesswork, so this is the team I think Danny will start with

Phillips

Carey Coles Hill Woodman

Roberts Wilkshire Tinnion Brown

Miller Lita

Subs: Stowell, Peacock, Butler, Burnell, Clist

EDIT: Just read that Amankwaah is still injured

Clisty must start tonight, having been a fan of his for some time, I was very surprised to see him in the line up for the F.A cup game at home. He was for my money MOTM by some distance, the amount of ground he covers and in that particular game, possibly had the best chances of the match.

Well, its all guesswork, so this is the team I think Danny will start with

Phillips

Carey  Coles Hill Woodman

Roberts  Wilkshire Tinnion  Brown

Miller Lita

Subs: Stowell, Peacock, Butler, Burnell, Clist

EDIT: Just read that Amankwaah is still injured

Dave - You appear to have dropped Peacock. Kindly go and stand in the corridor, with your hands on your head, and think about what you've done.

<br /> Dave - You appear to have dropped Peacock. Kindly go and stand in the corridor, with your hands on your head, and think about what you've done.

I'm sorry Sir, it won't happen again. Peacock was in my original team, but then the dog ate it, so I had to write another one on the bus coming in, but then I forgot about Peacock because Tomarse was talking to me and trying to copy, so it's all his fault anyway.

I must not leave Peacock out of the team.

Archived