IGNORED

Sell The Name Ashton Gate?

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

Just been playing Total Club manager 2004 and sold the name Ashton gate to EA Sports for £680,000 for one season!!! Took a lot of dodgy negotiations but got there!

So got me thinking would you be happy for city to sell the name Ashton Gate for a realistic price of say £300,000 a season?

If not what price would you be willing to accept to sell this legendary name?

After all its only a name, isn't it?

P.S (the game is #### but extremely addictive!)

I think the best way to look at that question is this....

What do you call Bournemouths ground ?

Most people I know still call it dean court rather than the fitness first stadium so I would imagine we as fans would still call it Ashton Gate.

If a company wanted to give us a nice pot of cash for calling it something else on letter heads example then let them I say !!

Reebok Stadium is good at least it is sporting, Brittannia Stadium is named after the sponsor the Brittannia Building Society as is the Walkers Stadium amongst others.

Our problem is that these were new grounds. Additionally the Bristol & West would not sponsor AG because they would have to do the same for the Rugby Ground.

Guest Friendly fire

what if Bristol Rovers found a pile of cash behind a few rugby balls and decided to buy the rights to Ashton Gate for a season? they would then call their ground Ashton Gate? would that annoy you if Lansdowne did that?

I did have a better point than that but forgot it halfway through, so just wrote down anything

Archived