IGNORED

Future Fans ?

weepywall

Moving on from "who did your old man support" topic it appears that most people have been influenced by who their parents support, if that is the case do you think that in the next 10,15,20 years kids will be saying things like"my old man bought me my first man.you, liverpool, chelsea etc shirt when i was 4 and i,ve been watching them on sky ever since". i feel that the coverage and exposure given to the top clubs these days will in the long term cause real damage to lower league clubs when it comes to attracting new, young supporters.

When i have kids, they will be brought up as City fans, and be forced to watch us every week weather they want to or not. I'm currrently trying to get my little cousin to go down and my mate is considering to get a season ticket if the price is reasonable never season as when i took him to the England you-17 Game he loved the buzz and excitement so I'm taking him to Stockport cus its only a quid.

My wife doesn't neccessarily have to like football. Aslong as she doesn't support Rovers that its okay as long is she is clear that city comes first then thats okay.

Will i ever get married then me thinks? :how funny:

As for my kids, sean pretty much summed it all up :(

Some children grow up not particularly liking football so it's a moot point really.

My eldest, despite my efforts, grew up with a love for athletics and didn't care much for football in general, let alone City. But his son, my grandson, is being encouraged by him (and me!) to follow City - he already has several City babygro's and things!

Whereas, my youngest was sport mad, especially football, and represented his county (Avon), was a Schoolboy with Southampton and a YT with West Brom - then he discovered women... and it all went pear-shaped!

But he is still a City fan and goes to see them whenever he can afford it and work permits. But, like me, he also looks for Spurs results.

Guest Cider Red Sam

I was thinking about a related topic the other day....

If City stay above Rovers in terms of divisions forever (which at the time of writing seems possible but will obviously never happen, as like many things with City!) then I would imagine more and more youngsters will become City fans. For example, if your kid is nagging you to take them to a football match, and you were a neutral and had no opinion on City or Rovers, I'd say 9 out of 10 times the parent would take them to City.

Same goes for adults that support neither team. If they felt like going to a random football match, 9 out of 10 would probably choose City.

Also would this mean we get the better young Bristolians coming up through the accademy? Actually, I suppose we do already, but surely this would only help.

Basically, if Rovers don't catch up with us soon, I can see them falling further and further away from us as we take over Bristol like a giant weed....

Archived