IGNORED

Amankwaah

BCFChris

Am I the only one who thought that Kevin looked unfit/disinterested in the second half. His contribution was zilch for a good 20 mins before he was taken off. There was absolutely no tracking back (I thought he was rooted to the half way line at one point and that the groundsman would have to dig him up), no passion and no effort.

After watching the highlights on HTV, I would admit that first half he had a reasonable game, but it was clear that after half time he had lost interest or was completely knackered.

Would we not have been better of putting Robbo out to the right and bringing Miller (good in the air) in the middle?

We all know that Kevin was a good player before his injury, but his attitude has always been suspect. If Kevin can lose the negative attitude (needs to look at Tins, who was still passionate at 90 mins) then his game will improve.

The guy was a waste of space from start to finish - both yesterday and on Saturday.

Its players like him that will cost us goals (ie. leaving your man totally unmarked while casually jogging back like he did with Marsden).

On a brighter note, I was very impressed with Woodman who deserves credit for coming into the team and playing with confidence and solidity.

I'm sorry but i have never seen anything in amankwaah.

Last night was a great chance for him to make a claim for a first team place,but he just doesn't look the slightest bit interested.

The right side seem a real problem this season so lets hope if someone form the reserves gets a chance, he shows to the fans and DW that he really wants it

Fair enough if you think Amankwaah deserves another chance, but at what cost? Yesterday was like playing with ten men and I don't think Marsden could believe his luck.

I've never seen anything in Amankwaah (must have done something seriously amazing in the very few games I've missed over the last few years). Poor first touch, ball control woeful, puts other players under unnecessary pressure with careless passes. His pace is probably all he's got going for him, but even when he goes past a player it looks like he's done it by accident.

Guest spanish fly

"I've never seen anything in Amankwaah (must have done something seriously amazing in the very few games I've missed over the last few years). Poor first touch, ball control woeful, puts other players under unnecessary pressure with careless passes. His pace is probably all he's got going for him, but even when he goes past a player it looks like he's done it by accident."

Sums him up perfectly - the bloke can be quick and can occasionally tackle but a winger or even wing back he definitely isn't

Amankwaah looked OK last night but he looked knackered after an hour and should have been taken off instead of Roberts. I'd prefer him to play on the right hand side of a back three - he played there a couple of years back and looked like it's his fave position. I think he marked Puke Ellington out the game once, that prob ain't difficult though! One things for certain, he must be given a run of games - then you will see a definate improvement. Problem is will Wilson chuck Carey straight back in when he's fit?

Give the guy a chance, he was up against a former english international left back last night.

He's not played for the first team for sometime and yet after two matches people are calling for his head..

Up against anybody, whether it be Le Saux or a 2nd Div player, there is no excuse for the 'lack of desire' attitude that KA showed last night.

I thought that coming in for Carey would be a real positive move, but he has to get more into the game & be proactive & not reactive.

The game pass's him by & even DW's comments were along these lines.

KA is very overated :sport5:

Why the hell are so many people on Kevin's back? :(

He's done well at RWB, better than Carey and probably Roberts if he was to play there. I know his best postion is right back, give him a bit of time, he could be a major player this year.

It's make or break now and with 3-5-2, we could be in the money. Wilkshire is in his best position, with Burnell in the middle we could find the right formula.

Guest BCFC Red & White Army

Won't it be easier to say that we shouldn't play any of the starting 11 as in the last month some fans have called for every players head on a plate including the manger.

first it was Chris R then Lee P, Lee M, Joe B, Luke W,Tom D, Tony B, now Kevin A (I know I missed out a few players but I think you get the point)

I think some fans aren't happy without having a go at some player.

I'm glad so many people were blinkered on Tuesday, as from where I sat he did diddly squat for a good 25 mins in the second half.

This is not a case of getting on somebodys back, this is a case of Kevins attitude being somewhat lacking. As I said previously, I thought he did OK in first half but when we went a goal behind, he gave up!

We cannot afford to play players who are not giving 100% and IMHO Kevin only gave about 50% on Tuesday.

If he cannot show any passion, he doesnt deserve his place.

Guest BCFC Red & White Army

It's nothing to do with being blinkered, it's about giving player's a chance in the team for more than a couple of games, before asking for there head on a plate.

Archived