IGNORED

Lee Matthews

Taz

Matthews to Darlington - Permanent?

Lee Matthews has apparantely expressed an interest in signing for Darlington in a permanent move.

We would be saving even more money if he went. Let's be honest, his time here has been nothing short of disappointing. Full or promise, however also full of injuries. Time for a fresh start maybe.

We may even be able to get something for him. Ok maybe not the last bit then....

we cant let him go he is going to score us goals when he reaches full fitness should give him new contract for 2 years remember he is still only 24

...and when might this be? I have to admit that when Matthews is fit, he does look good. Let's be honest, that's not very often is it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was actually placed on the transfer list at the beginning of last season (may be even longer ago), and I think one of the reasons was that he was one of the highest earners at the club.

The club cannot continue to pay players that spend half of their time here injured. If Matthews was given a new contract at the end of the season, it will be due to the fact that he came back from Darlington, got into the first team, and started scoring goals.

Unless that happens, Lee Matthews' time here is nearly up.

If I was Matthews I would ensure I saw out my contract at City, a 'til the end of the season loan would suit him, high wages and all that (we are still paying half his salary and Darlington the other half probably what they would offer him), then see what I can get with my freedom of contrct.

I'd let him go. We've got too many strikers, and he's too far down the list to be clogging up the wages. I know he's "still young", but we've got Miller, Lita and Marvin B who all look more promissing than him to be our future.

Archived