IGNORED

What Would I Know?

Big Red Rich

How many times throughout the years of supporting City has the bloke next to you said "I'm not sure about this new signing?" or "Bit of a risk playing Joe Bloggs in midfield"?

Not Joe Bloggs maybe but you get what i mean. For me, quite a few times. But under managers such as Ward, Jordan et al i always had a slight bit of confidence that they knew what they were doing and more then often it proved a right decision. Afterall, what do we know, we are only the fans.

But what has often left me feeling somewhat bewildered is Wilson's odd, sometimes even irrational decisions that beggar belief. Over the last 3 seasons i can list so many odd decisions that just havn't paid off:

Carey in midfield - How many people were astounded when he played Carey in midfield up at Stoke when he had just recovered from injury leaving Summerbell on the bench? Last season he even said Carey could be our creative midfielder??

Dropping Phillips - Phillips having played briallantly for about 10 games on the trot a couple of seasons ago, only to have butter fingers Stowell replace him for no apparant reason.

Drawing 0-0 against some no-hopers a couple of seasons ago he brings Amankwaah on in the 89th minute to see him put 3 great crosses in. Why bring a creative player on with no time left????? This has happened again and again.

Playing Doherty and Burnell in midfield. WE ALL KNEW THAT DIDNT WORK?

Playing Wilkshire on the right.

Playing Clist on the right.

Not playing Clist.

Bringing in Fagan

Continuing to play Butler this season when he is clearly off form.

Never starting with Lita for a change.

I'm sure there are many many more that i have missed out. Most of these are not hindsight, we all knew this long before Wilson. It always seems that we are one step ahead of the man in charge with taking our club forward.

Its just so frustrating. But what would i know, i'm only a fan.

I've never been a Wilson hater, I'm not now. But, how much more of this are we going to have to take???

Archived