IGNORED

What A Great Day

Percy Parrot

if any of you ever try to justify following City do NOT use tonight's game as an example.

a long journey, traffic chaos on the A42, get there 15 mins late, £16 to get in, cold Tuesday evening, FA Cup 2nd Round replay, stadium that wasn't 1/4 full, no Veggie Pasties at the kiosk, chips and ketchup but no chip fork, a hot chocolate that was actually just hot water on a lump of solid chocolate stuck in the bottom of the cup...and a rubbish City display that was not only boring and dull but that also saw our dreams of progressing past Sheff Wed/S****horpe to get a Premiership giant in the 4th round shattered.

I expected to lose to be honest. But I hoped we'd put up more of a fight than we did 1st half. Barnsley previously have impressed me at the two games at AG. Today I thought they looked poor but we were worse.

Defending for the two goals was shocking. Can't really name any player that stood out for us. After the goal again we created a handful of chances that just eluded us- but to be honest you need to create more than that in a football game to win. You need to create openings from the first minute and you certainly need to get shots on target throughout the game that we did not.

Again frustrations at team selection- Roberts deserves a run out on the right wing. 6-10 games to prove what he can do. Lita has done everything possible to claim a starting place but DW seems totally stubborn. Again he looked sharp, quick and strong. For god's sake give him a few starts. Although happy to see him come on when he did- why was it at the expense of Miller? Miller has been scoring recently- Peacock hasn't. Peacock hasn't even been playing that well.

Despite a few improved performances recently it still has to be said we are just not quick, strong or inventive enough. Some way off what we were last season and a long way off what we need to be this season. We need to hit a consistant run of form- 5 or 6 wins in a row. Otherwise the season will run away from us. I'm not TOO gutted about losing today- Man Utd away can wait another year- but it is with concern that I saw a poor City give no indication that a great run of form is just around the corner. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't agree we were worse than Barnsley, considering they were at home and above us in the table I thought we were the better side over the 70 minutes I saw. We created more chances than them, in fact I would say that other than the two set pieces they only had two other chances the whole game.

Plus forgot to mention earlier that I am sure that ball crossed the line near the end and was scooped back!?

But agree absolutely with your summary regarding our quality of display, very poor but still better than the one at Wrexham

How you can make the judgement of where the ball crossed the line or not from the area we were in surprises me abit. We weren't in the best position and to be fair I think it was only coles who appealed and he was 10 yeards away whilst lita and peacock just carried on.

How you can make the judgement of where the ball crossed the line or not from the area we were in surprises me abit. We weren't in the best position and to be fair I think it was only coles who appealed and he was 10 yeards away whilst lita and peacock just carried on.

No Lita definitely appealed.

I could judge because the goalie scooped it out instead of catching it, which would have been easier, definite indication to me. The ref was not in the right place to judge and that Icelandic linesman wasn't going to give us owt d@mn codhead.

Archived