IGNORED

Don't Act In Haste

Guest graham b

Graham,

Some excellent points; but again I'd point to the fact that (well, IMHO), a play off position isn't good enough.

You've said it yourself; we've the players to be doing much better, but we aren't.

Danny doesn't help himself through mystical team selections and bizarre substitutions, along with playing quality players out of position (Clist/Roberts) and playing total ######e (Peacock) in the first place above players like Lita and Matthews.

I think you're right though on the whole - a sacking now would seem a knee jerk reaction; financially, well thats the board's fault for giving Danny a (ridiculous) 3 year contract. I think I've said it elsewhere but a 1 year deal with a massive promotion bonus would've been my meal ticket for him.

This Christmas period will be telling; we need to be in the top 3 by New Year, IMHO.

One Team

Some excellent points; but again I'd point to the fact that (well, IMHO), a play off position isn't good enough.

As I understand it from the original post, being in a play-off position was only spoken of as a reasonable objective for the end of this year - not the end of the season - which is fair enough given the current starting point.

Archived