IGNORED

Just When I..........

Guest Red_Alligator

Guest Red_Alligator

.....was beginning to convince myself that a good cup run might go someway to compensating for what looks like being an unimpressive league campaign...

I've heard comments from a number of media "analysts" (including the likes of Pearcey) and last night Nigel Spackman (covering the game on SKY) and all have described our current team very succintly - they can play some nice football but present little threat to opposition sides.

I haven't yet seen what I would call a good side come to AG in the league - most have been neat and tidy (like ourselves) and I'm looking forward to seeing IF the likes of QPR and Plymouth are the ones breaking this mould. However the fact remains that we don't appear good enough to cause a stir.

Reasons?

We've introduced two new young players in key positions (Wilkshire and Miller) - they obviously still need more time to get consistent performances in but I think there's hope!

DW is still wrangling with his conscience as to what constitutes his best side/formation - I'm not sure how much longer I can be patient on this one.

Up front we still seem to persist in automatically including Peacock. I know he's popular and got off to a bit of a flyer but we can't rely on him to hit the back of the net on a regular basis. I would prefer to start with Miller and Lita and see what develops. I don't think we need a loan signing to solve the goalscoring issue.

We MUST find an heir to the god that is Tins. Time is running out (no offence Brian I'm sure you understand what I'm saying) and if we can't do this soon we'll be left very short.

We don't seem to be able to defend any kind of set piece - mystery.

I don't see much comment in hear about the defence, maybe people are happy with it. We've got some decent pace and enough attacking fullbacks but I'm concerned about the central area - some of the marking is shocking at best (set pieces again).

In conclusion - whether you wish to blame individual players/performances, DW, the board, the weather etc the fact is that we are being let down. I read in here somewhere that the word "drivel" was used at the AGM. Not far off!

As City fans frustration has always been our companion and I presume that won't change much but I do think that we have a right to demand more than we're getting.

Anyway, I feel better now. Good luck to the lads on Saturday.

Merry Xmas & Happy 2004 to alll you Reds!

The Alligator :rolleyes:

Archived