IGNORED

The Matthews Question

Percy Parrot

as people have highlighted on here- Matthews is on loan to Darlington and is possibly attracting interest from some other clubs. I don't think many people believe he has much of a future at bcfc. But will we keep hold of him until the end of the season just incase he is needed?

Well personally I see no need to. I believe that Peacock, Miller, Lita, Roberts and if need be M. Brown could play first team football up front for us. I don't see Matthews as essential to the squad.

So surely if we can we should try and let him go as soon as possible. It would not only give youngsters a go but also save on wages. The issue that I also see is this though- if we get rid of him NOW we COULD possibly actually get a few thousand £ for him. I believe that some clubs may be prepared to spend, say £40k to secure him now. And £40k may not be that much...but it would be more than welcome at the club.

I don't mind Matthews. And there are factors that we can highlight to try and get a price- aged 24, while at City he has started 14 games (36 subs) and scored 10.

Nothing against Matthews. He has scored goals for us etc. but I think his future lies elsewhere and a hard-nosed business man would try and get some kind of price for him now, save the wages and let Lee Matthews move on to ply his trade somewhere else.

I dont think we will get a fee for him even if he went before the end of the season, more than likely if he does go, the club looking to buy will probably just pay up his contract which i would imagine to be in the region of 20-30k.

Guest Eddie Hitler

Wild optimism there Percy.

When he's been fit he's been great, but all clubs will look at his injury record and refuse to cough up. He's going for nowt.

If it was any club other than Darlo then I'd say he'd be walkin on a freebie but George Reynolds is as mad as a window. If by some miracle Matthews stays fit and bags a few goals whilst he's up there then we might just be able to sneak a few quid out of him.

If George has taken his medication then I'd say the best we could hope for would be a pay as you play kind of deal. Still, £2.50 is not to be sniffed at in the current climate.

If it was any club other than Darlo then I'd say he'd be walkin on a freebie but George Reynolds is as mad as a window. If by some miracle Matthews stays fit and bags a few goals whilst he's up there then we might just be able to sneak a few quid out of him.

If George has taken his medication then I'd say the best we could hope for would be a pay as you play kind of deal.  Still, £2.50 is not to be sniffed at in the current climate.

One day Kings you'll make an accountant, next you will be suggesting we put him on e-bay! :rolleyes:

Archived