IGNORED

Wilson's Wit & Wisdom

Guest BTR_FTG

Guest BTR_FTG

I can't comment about last night as the Dreaded Lurgi laid me low walking out of Nene Park where apparently:

"We played superb football for 89 minutes and have come away with a draw. "

"We've come here and totally outplayed the opposition for 99% of the game"

"I wouldn't say we were mugged, that's not the right word. But I don't think anyone watching the game can say that we didn't deserve a win."

Strange that, as what with feeling under the weather & Irthingborough being Britain's Beer Blackspot, I watched the game stone cold sober. Noted that we could have been three down after ten. Clawed our way back very slowly. Woke up around the 70th minute. Equalised through Miller's sheer determination. Might just have nicked it at the end. Fair result all in all, them a cheaply assembled, unskilled, though well drilled outfit - us a rather more expensive & skilled, ragbag shambles.

In my sick pit I was obliged to listen to the Five Live commentator's analysis which again bore little or no resemblence to:

"Maybe we played better football than them, but they were more effective. "

He seemed to think that first half we weren't at the races, could have been six foot under, & were forced to make mass substitutions for the second. Something wrong with my radio reception?

Those regulars on the Forum are probably well briefed in the fact that Wilson, so far as management is concerned, is Average Di Capo Average, with very few members of our squad worth more than a bag of beans, but what I can't fathom is how in Wilson Blunderland we appear to have played each & every side off the park this season & yet still come up short?

Contrast Allardyce, who when rightly praised to the hilt for his team's performance at Fulham the other week replied, "######d the performance, I'd rather play badly & get three points, rather than play like we did today & come away with nothing." Real world fella is Sam, tells it like it is..... Then again Sam gets animated, Wilson's more taciturn than Lumsden.

Oh the joys of football......& if Mr. Lansdown wants something to mull over this festive period he can try this. For the next few weeks I think I'll save some money & give City a miss. After all I can always read Danny's post match comments where I'm guaranteed to see that City have played superb football, outbossed their opponents, dominated the game, had all the possession and.........well in his world who knows what the score was?

BTR

FTG

Archived