IGNORED

Wilson Comment In Wdp

PhatWill

There were no battlers in the team that played last night.

When do we ever score s####py goals that we didn't really deserve?

The fact is in any football team, I like to see a nutter in the side. Normally centre mid ala Viera or Keane.

Danny's see's this as well, and lets be honest last season we never did to badly with Doc and Burnell in the centre did we? Infact we overachieved in a strong league. Some people have very short memories.

Not saying that I'd have both back in the side, however we do need a battler/someone able to tackle in the centre, especially away from home.

The rumour on the grapevine is that Burnell and Doc will start on Saturday. That is too much in my view, as Wilkshire should not be dropped on current form.

And before all the weeners come out of their shells saying that I'm kiss arsing Wilson...The facts remain that he will be with us AT LEAST till the end of the season, it was only the FA Cup and a win on Sat will more than likely take us into the top 6!

So SOD OFF!

I think that the point is your mate Danny boy picked the side so if there are no battlers in the team guess who is at fault?

Or several first team members smoke and drink heavily and are sitting on their fat pay cheques not giving a ###### about BCFC.

Some players aren't fit to where the shirt at the moment, but would you really bring back into the side our chain smoking club captain? The only player at the club who can tackle?

Its a dilhemma thats for sure.

There were no battlers in the team that played last night.

"Battlers" as you call it are what Sports Psychologists refer to as Cultural Architects and theoretically all top sides have at least 3 in the first 11.

Viera,Henry and Campbell at Arsenal. Keane,Neville and Scholes at Man Utd are top examples.Shaun Taylor was one and so was Gerry Gow.

City don't have three in the whole squad as far as I can see.Only Roberts comes close as the improved 2nd half performance showed last night.

These are players that have a never say die attitude,play their hearts out and lead by example with tenacious tackling and closing the opposition down.They encourage their teamates with their own effort and example.

The only other player that fits the role at City is Docherty but he's only half fit most of the time and has no stamina.That said when he plays his committment is always 100% as far as his fitness allows.

It'll be interesting to see if any loan signings fill the Cultural Architect role.

Archived