IGNORED

Loan Signing Is A Slap In The Face...

Br 1st ol

If we sign a loan player that presumes that we have no one on the books that is up to the job...

since we have cover in most postiions, this must mean that DW does not rate who ever we have as cover in that position...

That being the case, why have we not flogged whoever it is???

It will be a real 'you are not up to it' slap in the face for someone...

eg If we sign a striker, why do we still pay M. Brown, Leroy, LP, LM etc.

if we sign a keeper, what is stowell doing?

Why have a 25 man squad and not use the players...if they are not good enough...flog them....

A smaller better quailty squad is the way ahead....then you have flexibility for bringing in loanees.

So, who is going to be most upset by any loan signing??

Some people must be rather nervous at the gate today....

All this talk about loan signings could be just that - talk.Its a way of warning the current players that they'd better improve PDQ or be replaced.

Its basic management move.In simple terms Wilson is saying that if a player isn't doing his job then he'll get someone in who will.

Untill we actually see some loanee running out in City shirt I won't be anticipating anything.

According to the Evening Post today, DW is quoted as saying "We are trying to get one or two in on loan and as it stand's, we're struggling to do so this side of the weekend. But we'll keep trying."

I don't expect anybody to be bought in until at least the beginning of next year, if at all.

agree with the point you make, but it ain't that simple to dump a player you no longer want. They all have contracts and in the current climate are happy to sit on the side lines and get paid.

we cannot even get rid of players on free transfers at present.

A good loan signing like when we got Mark Robins can give a new lease of life to the team and lets face it we are well and truely in the duldrums are present.

If we sign a loan player that presumes that we have no one on the books that is up to the job...

since we have cover in most postiions, this must mean that DW does not rate who ever we have as cover in that position...

That being the case, why have we not flogged whoever it is???

It will be a real 'you are not up to it' slap in the face for someone...

eg If we sign a striker, why do we still pay M. Brown, Leroy, LP, LM etc.

if we sign a keeper, what is stowell doing?

Why have a 25 man squad and not use the players...if they are not good enough...flog them....

A smaller better quailty squad is the way ahead....then you have flexibility for bringing in loanees.

So, who is going to be most upset by any loan signing??

Some people must be rather nervous at the gate today....

Because to flog someone you have to have a buyer.

agree with the point you make, but it ain't that simple to dump a player you no longer want. They all have contracts and in the current climate are happy to sit on the side lines and get paid.

we cannot even get rid of players on free transfers at present.

A good loan signing like when we got Mark Robins can give a new lease of life to the team and lets face it we are well and truely in the duldrums are present.

That unfortunately says a great deal about what you think of the professionalism of players at the club :rolleyes:

I can't see it myself, there are a few wasters but surely the majority realise that in todays climate they have it pretty good compared to some of their ex professional colleagues.

This is why I have been in favour of the academy to bring young local players into the side who will wear the shirt with pride and battle for it. Hill, Burnell and Coles are good examples.

> That unfortunately says a great deal about what you think of the professionalism of players at the club  :rolleyes:

My comments are not questioning the professionalism of our players (although many others have on this forum). My point is clearly that Danny does not have the option of buying and selling players on a whim, as someone else commented you need a buyer or at the least a club willing to take on the wage bill .

I am not criticising players who sit out their contracts, I would do the same in their shoes, it is pointing out a fact that even when they become surplus to requirements they do not simply disappear!

Archived