IGNORED

Chris Spittles

potbelly

Is there anyone left alive who dosn`t know that Chris Spittles is the "Chief football writer for the Western daily Press"?

I have one or two theories about this.

1) It is written into his contract that non commercial Radio Bristol have to keep reminding us the Mr Spittles is indeed "Chief football writer for the Western daily Press".

2) The man is the West Country`s David Brent incarnate.

Can you imagine breakfast time in the Spittles household,

"Do you want a bacon sandwich Chris"?

"That`s do you want a bacon sandwich Chris the Chief football writer for the Western daily Press to you, Yes please"

Do they have "Hers" and "Chief football writer for the Western daily Press" towels in the bathroom.

Is his office door big enough to take the name plate?

Guest BTR_FTG

"Chief football writer" ?

What ? You mean to tell me the WDP has more than one person on the sportsdesk? Doesn't seem possible given the small amount of drivel they produce each day........

BTR

FTG

Some things just are. Football on Sky is never just LIVE, but LIVE and EXCLUSIVE. And on ITV, it's always a BIG night of European Football, but never a small one. And Ray Graydon is not just a joke, but a TOTAL, UTTER AND COMPLETE joke.

I don't enjoy Spittles' contributions. Admittedly he comes across as a reasonably knowledgable observer, but he has no soul and no enthusiasm for City. Neither should he, he's a journalist. Steve Lansdown is far more listenable. Paul Cheesley would be my top choice though, he still seems to live and breath City despite everything.

Hell, even Phil 'Erm' Tottle is preferable to Spittles, at least he cared, even if you didn't have a clue where the hell the ball was, or even which team had just scored!

Archived