IGNORED

Clean Slate Altogether?

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

I was just thinking if we were to get rid of a wilson and you were the new boss and wanted a clean slate who would you keep and who would you get rid of....

Dead Wood for me is.

Peacock had a good short spell begginning of this season other wise hes been average, definately not £600k 's worth.

Carey not living up to the standereds we expect off him was a bright youngster but simply hasn't got it again just average.

Burnell been played out of position for far too long whether he can regain the lost experience as a right back or centre back is anyones guess, not worth the risk if you ask me, certain;y not a good enough centre midfielder in my eyes, again average.

Another average overrated player, Tom Doc. Shows no common sense on the pitch, how hes been captain is beyond me, used to show passion but now he seems he has grew too big for his boots. The headbutt at wycombe to me shown hes just a kid and always will be.

Bell clearly losing it with age, i thought he was a superb player in his prime but hes getting worse and worse as each season goes on. get rid of him while we can.

Matthews, shown promise and in my eyes a quality striker, however his extremly poor fitness and injury proneness has let him down, feel sorry for the bloke but time he moved on i think.

I'm undecided on.......

Roberts. He shows promise on the right wing and can also play upfront, he seems to be getting better with time. However his inconsistancy stirs up a major doubt and the extreme lack of passion from him also is a cause for concern.

The brown brothers.

Marvin shown promise, but wasn't given his chance when he needed it most was severly let down by mr. Wilson. Again its a lottery whetther he can still make it and i would rather take the easy option of selling him with a sell on clause.

Aaron I'm more to the side of not selling him shown he has quality within him and can show some passion sometimes. However he also sems to be inconsistant whether this would be an ongrowing problem who knows.

Clist again would liek to see him more shown quality, but a lottery whether he could gain enough experience and skill quick enough.

All that dead wood gone could leave some serious room to bring in 3 or 4 quality players on a free at the end of this season.

A new start seems a good idea to me.

Some excellent thought provoking points.

If only Matthews could have shown us at least half a season of what he is capable of when fit.

I'd keep Peacock on a reduced contract, if he declines so be it.

Burnell is the sort of lad you always want in your squad, an excellent battler.

I'd also keep Carey for his versatility of RB and CH but def not CM.

The Browns, never seen Marvin so can't comment, Aaron is a luxury we cannot afford.

Bell is probably a high earner and showed in his brief appearances at B'pool and Barnsley that he can no longer play LM due to a understandable decrease in pace and Woodman is a far better prospect obviously with Hill covering that position.

Clist should find a new club as he is not going to be in the top 4 Central Midfielders and presumably we would be bringing another in.

Roberts, for someone of his age, he is still just promise, disappointing really, raw pace, confidence ebbs too quickly, I'd give him another year but ensure he knew that vast improvement needed to be shown.

Tommy Doc, give up the fags, improve fitness by at least 50% and get a family or something to settle him down. He would not be my Captain however.

The other one I would have to say bye to would be Butler, unless he can force his way back into the side soon and show improved form. At his age he needs to because he will not find it easy to win another contract elsewhere.

That was a bit ruthless in places, I'm taking to this management lark.

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

Yeh i would have to agree with Butler the one the i forgot has been totally useless this season and nothing but a liability.

Archived