IGNORED

What Do You Do For A Living?

Br 1st ol

As a follow up to the "does your boss know" post, it seems that most City forum visitors are either self employed or in jobs with their desk discreetly in the corner of open plan offices...

Just out of interest, and perhaps most importantly, to provide role models to all the school going forumers, what do you all do that allows you all to spend so long discussing city stuff on this forum rather than working?

This profile information can help City in targeting their audience!

For the record:

I run a small design and marketing company in hampshire.

Payroll Manager. You get to sit in the corner with your back to the wall as you are dealing with sensitive information and hardly anybody bothers you as you have your staff processing the payroll and you just do the odd check here and there (build a decent set of spreadsheets for your staff and there is no checks to do!!).

You get paid ok(ish) money considering you do next to sod all for it! :rolleyes:

Web Developer in Bath and same as most of you have an ideally positioned desk with my back to a wall and monitor angled cunningly well so as no-one can see what I am doing :-)

Maybe we should find out what the top 10 most posts people do for a living! Willsbridge red? do you work? :-)

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I'm a civil servant - We work hard all day providing good value for money for the tax payers money that is spent on us

Oh and it's in Bath like yourself NailseaRed

Guest lydneyred

Secretary for Glos County Council, with a corner seat so am quite lucky though always have another item open such as word so I can quickly flick if need be.

Guest The Clevedon and Romford Vessel

TV producer, making programmes about video games, 'surfing the next all day' constitutes doing research (well sort of!!)

:rolleyes:

Social Services Manager with Monmouthshire County Council. Robbored gets them well and then I tell Robbored that we don't have the money to move people into residential homes. Oh there are too many times to mention when I'm unpopular! :rolleyes:

Scooter Red

I'm an administrator for an international Facilities Management corporation. This thread was posted during the summer and I remember we asked if anyone was doing something interesting such as a bank raid, prostitution or drug dealing etc.

An Accounts Assistant for a parcel delivery company, with my desk in the corner of the office ;)

Seriously though, for any of the younger posters, never waste your working hours messing about on a computer :ProgrammePC:(unless of course that is what your job consists of :rolleyes: ).

Also, before anybody says anything, I'm on my lunch break so there :TheBird:

Guest Uncle Ern

Senior Management Accountant in motor group based in Stratford (yaaawwwnn!)

PotBelly-let me know your website details as I know someone who could benefit from your expertise.

<br /> I'm delighted to hear you have sorted out your employment situation.

Talented people are always in demand  ;)

That would explain why I am still a pensions administrator despite applying for over 50 jobs ! :(

I had an official warning for spending too much time on here, I might not post that much but I have been around since the very first offcial forum ! :D

I pretend to be an Estate Agent in Gloucester!

Boss has about 3 days of a week and about 10 weeks holiday a year. This therefore gives me plenty of valuable forum time!

Wages not bad (just dont let my ex know).

I also am a member of the "Bomb Bournemouth" society. If you hate Bournemouth, please contact me via this forum and together let us rid the nation of this God forsaken place!

Guest Dolman Moaner

I am the Senior Project Buyer for a whizzy hi tech Electronics company.

That sounds quite cool doesn't it ?

Really, it actually means just buying boring electronic components off boring people.

Salary not bad, based fairly near to my home too.

Callcentre Manager in Grenada, West Indies (have to write WI, as everyone always thinks it's in Spain). So I manage 70 Grenadians who are selling cable, high speed internet, etc, to customers in the States. Saturday mornings are spent listening to City on BCFC, whilst watching a live Premiership match.

Looking forward to the England cricket tour out here next year.

I have for the last 15 years owned a large garage,the joys of self employed working 60 hours a week to keep the taxman and vat man happy it seems.

Not to mention employing staff to operate the business who without I would explode.

The pressures of Business who be self employed.

I must be mad.

RR

:D;)

Archived