IGNORED

Half Time Singers

Guest CITY BOY DAVE

Guest CITY BOY DAVE
:laugh: CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME Y THEY KEEP TORTURING US WITH THE HALF TIME SO CALLED SINGERS AND LAST WEEKEND WAS EVEN BADDER WHEN THEY STARTED PLAYING THAT GIRL AGAIN OVER THE LOAD SPEAKER I SAY BRING THE WURZELS BACK AT LEAST THEY CAN SING AND U WONDER WHERE THE CITY CAT HAS GONE WELL BETWEEN THAT MALE TENNOR AND THAT GIRL WITH THE SQUEAKY VOICE IT'S FRIGHTEN THE POOR THING OFF.. :@

I agree. Time and time again most fans say they are not in favour of this type of entertainment at HT, or do we really need entertaining at all? yet the club persist in giving us these singers. I just want the scores, food, drink and sometimes the loo! talking to the people next to me might be nice too if we didn't have to yell over the noise.

Yes I know singers etc have got to start somewhere, but don't pubs and clubs provide an outlet for their talents??? I thought the poor girl singer was painful and embarrising enough live, but like you said they played he cd or whatever the next game!!!! I hate singers who do cover versions of songs, the tv is full of this kind of rubbish and i don't want it at football thank you! :laugh:;);) ( I'm in a bad mood today!!! :@ ).

If we DO need to be entertained, why can't it be more fan based? several things have been suggested here on the past, 'crossbar challenge' etc. a bit of fun rivalry, could help the atmosphere too?

On TV the other day, I think it was at leeds Utd, they do a thing where they blindfold 1 fan from each club, spin them around, stand them on the half way line ( back to back) and they have to run to their goal. It's harder than it looks, and there is a prize for the winner. Funny too as one fan went flying over the pitchside adverts! ;) better not tell Health & Safety or they'll never let us do it.

Does the leeds idea sound better than singers???

Be nice to me,please, like I said I'm not feeling very happy today! ;):P

Guest CITY BOY DAVE

ANYTHING APART FROM THOSE AWFUL SINGERS EVER A BIT OF YOUTH FOOTBALL.. ONE OTHER THING I'D LIKE TO SAY AND THAT IS IF THEY BAN SMOKING AT MATCHES THAT WOULD KILL FOOTBALL :laugh:

Guest repro-red

Have'nt seen the city disability team play at half time for a while, used to see some good games with nifty little footballers enjoying themselves. Crowd got behind em aswell

I can only agree with the posts above, who on earth wants to hear people you've never heard of, do cover versions of cover versions?

The music policy at the Gate is a joke, I've heard Status Quo, Europe ("The Final Countdown", which is so bad it's actually funny) and Boston(!) for god's sake at recent games, no-one wants to hear this or some kiddie band chart nonsense.

If you have to play a few records then why not make them more likely to be popular, such as the Stones ,Beatles, or U2? they may not be all my personal favourites, but they're not laugh out loud bad, like the current stuff is.

Guest monster red

That last one who covered two Britney singles was awful, it's so out of place, its a cold November afternoon and you got some wannabe pouncing around to I love rock & roll!! Really :laugh:

Dosnt work at all for me the quicker they stop it the better, although did find it very funny last season when that reject from Pop Idol got booed off at half time :P don't remember his name strangly enough ;)

;)

Archived