IGNORED

Bristol City Fan Of The Year

Guest Janov

I thought as we were coming to the end of the year it would be nice if we were to nominate those unsung heroes who have gone out of the way to follow the greatest football club in the world this year. My personal nomination goes to Mark Tovey, the popular Green Un writer, for the following reasons.

1. It's a little known fact that Mark is the brains behind the BCFCbybike campaign. Mark first had the idea for this campaign about a year ago and has worked tirelessly to get this off the ground and he found the ideal person in Jer Boon to do the cycling. Jer obviously deserves plenty of credit and I am sure that many of you would like to nominate him as your fan of the year. The fact is though that without Mark Tovey's work, Jer's campaign would never have got going. Thanks to Mark, Jer got a top bike free of charge and his campaign has received publicity all over the world due to Mark's promotional work.

2. Mark's media work has done much to increase the profile of Bristol City. His excellent Green Un column is enjoyed and looked forward to by thousands of City fans every week. He reperesented the club with enormous credit when appearing on Soccer AM and his regular calls to Geoff Twentyman have become legendary. I was speaking to a Rovers fan the other day and he said that all Gasheads are jealous that City have an ambassador as popular as Mark.

3. Mark is an avid City supporter. Not only does he attend EVERY home game, he has also been known to attend the occasional away game as well. How many of you can say that?

4. Finally, Mark's work for the City Against Racism Campaign has meant that racism is no longer tolersted at Ashton Gate.

All in all, Mark is an excellent candidate for City fan of the year. Thanks to Mark for all the hard work he has put in for the club over the last year. I am sure that many of you would like to also offer Mark your congratulations.

Guest the silkman
Not only does he attend EVERY home game, he has also been known to attend the occasional away game as well. How many of you can say that?

About 5,000 other City fans? including me?

very true.

when i used to travel to every home and away game,i seem to recall more people there than myself and mr tovey

This argument has been done to death, over and over again. No single person is a bigger supporter than anybody else.

Every BCFC supporter shares a common bond, regardless of their race, sex, age, mentality, and that is that we all want the best for this club, and hate it when the club is not doing as well as we all believe it is capable of doing.

Guest Uxbridge Red

I would nominate Percy Parrott.

A hard working bloke who, despite living in London during term time does more for the club than some fans who live in the shadow of AG. He has a huge amount of energy which he uses to come up with new ideas for the club match day PR package and he has been one people driving the excellent Red & White nights. I think he still does 'the cat' at some away grounds as well.

He is not scared to speak his mind if something at the club is not going well and has asked intelligent questions to SL on the forum. His post on the main forum at the start of the season encouraging us quiet fans to sing and support the team at AG instead of criticizing them was magnificient.

He was cruelly ripped off by a number of fans after the LDV when he bought loads of balloons and never saw the colour of their money, despite this he remains a passionate fan AND manages to be a full time student at a top London uni.

And no, he has paid me to type this!!

CTID

Archived