IGNORED

Roberts

Guest Jack

Was MoM for me as well. However when comparing him to scotty, remember Robbo is only as old as Murray was when he got here.

For me he is better than Murray was then, and if he gets a stable run in this side could proove to be just a good as Murray in time on the wing.

Guest BridgyRed

I thought Roberts was good today, although yet again he blasted a couple of crosses into the crowd!!!!!!!

Seriously i think we should play him on the wing every week. His strength is running at defenders and playing on the wing allows him to do that. Up front he has to play with his back to goal and that is not his strength

Yeah he caused some trouble to the stockport defence but murray standards? far from it. He had two shots which well I wouldn't know what to say as a manger but it woudn't be nice. I can't recall him crossing a ball which kept in play let alone went to one of our players. He has got so much pace but no brain and I find him very frustratin, he doesn't seem to be a team player and when he does pace (Like when he is runnign at defences) it seems to be the wrong option. I hope I get proved wrong as I want ever city player to do well but I don't see a player worth the 100k + we paid for him.

Guest lilciderhed

He had a great game, but he was holding on to the ball too much. I noticed once Miller made a great run thorugh the middle a simple pass would have set him free but he chose to play it out wide for Miller in hope that Roberts himself would score.

Still put in a fantastic performence.

Was MoM for me as well.  However when comparing him to scotty, remember Robbo is only as old as Murray was when he got here.

For me he is better than Murray was then, and if he gets a stable run in this side could proove to be just a good as Murray in time on the wing.

Totally agree with that.

Some people are commenting that he is not to Murray's standards. I think they forget that in his 1st couple of season he was pretty much frustrating in terms of his distribution.

Even in that last infamous season where he was exceptional. He still managed to blaze several effors wide, over the bar and several of his crosses went straight out of play.

Roberts is showing signs (for me anyway), of an ever growing knowledge in that position and one day, I think he can be Scott Mk II.

Unfortunately, D.W. appears to only view him as a stop gap in that position. I fear he will never be given the chance to fully prove whether he can make that position his own :D

Archived