IGNORED

Defensively Today

Guest Rob

I think that we took a step back today in our back line progress. We have been looking very solid this season but not today.

Firstly:

Phillips, Has improved as a keeper immensely with his kicking now good yet he needs to command his area ALOT more.

Carey, How did this man use to bo our captain? He lacks passion and desire and his distribution is awful.

Woodman, Another one who has made great progress and the odd miss placed pass is expected yet he seems to wimp out of a few challenges which the fans do not like to see.

Hill, Pretty awful today especially first half. Did not seem at the races such as when he didnt bother fetching the ball when it was right by him!, Did anyone see that?

Coles, Not a patch on the player he was last year and i don't know what it is. Whether it's not playing with Butler or the Cardiff talk which is affecting him he needs to sort it.

It says something about Stockports attack today that we kept a clean sheet when our two centre backs and Carey were running around like morons.

It flapper Phillips that causes most of the problems None of the defenders seemm to know what he's doing.At least two corners were conceded today through' lack of communication.

That said - City have conceded the second least number of goals in the top half.Only QPR have a better defensive record and thats by only one goal.So the defence isn't that bad.

Guest Dolman Moaner

Replying to Rob

Defensively poor yet we kept a clean sheet, uuummm.

I thought Phillips kicking was awful (again)

I thought Carey had a good game, particularly second half.

I do agree with your point on Coles though, he has gone backwards this year.

maybe he doesnt wont to leave this club so i playing bad to avoid attention

Sorry but that is possibly one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. If he plays "badly" as you say, then he gets dropped. Simple.

The problem with Phillips is that many other teams now have high quality goalkeepers loaned from higher division clubs and his ranking in the division has dropped markedly.

Some of the goalkeeping performances by these loanees against us this year have been outstanding and have undoubtedly cost us many goals and several points.

As for Woodman, i thought he had one of his poorest performances today. He lacked confidence and misplaced many passes. His tackling had no conviction and he looked very much ready to be rested.

This view seemed to be universal where i was sat and i'm surprised it's hardly been mentioned on here.

Archived