IGNORED

Substitutes

Guest Withnail

Guest Withnail

Did anyone else notice that during the second half, not one of our substitutes left the bench to warm up until the 70th minute? Even then it was Doherty, who did around two minutes of stretches before being sent on. I didn't even see Lita run down the touchline before he was introduced.

As I'm sure everyone noticed, it was very cold today and in conditions like that the subs need to be keeping warm in case they are needed on the pitch. Wilson and Barlow should have had them warming up almost constantly throughout the second half. Just one other related point, what would have happened had Hill/Coles been injured, Tony Butler would have been forced to head straight into action without any warm-up at all. Surely sitting on the bench for 20 minutes without warming up is not the best preparation for our subs and needs to be addressed by Wilson.

Guest Withnail

I may be wrong, it was an observation my dad made in the 55th minute, I started watching then. I can say that no player warmed up between the 55th and 70th minute at least, which is still 15 minutes sat in the cold.

Archived