IGNORED

Deserved But Lucky

England

Philips - was pants today and Coles, Hill and Carey looked like they threatened to deck him for failing to come and take simple crosses

Woodman - was ok in bits

Hill - was no more than ok

Coles -had a mare and continually gave the ball away and his positioning was yeuk

Carey - second half particularly started to look like linking well with Roberts

Brown - was useless

Tinman - was almost useless

Wilkshire - had his worst ever game for the club, and thats saying something

Roberts - my man of the match, poor crossing but caused danger every attack

Miller - never really got going

Peacock - absolute cr#p until the very well taken goal

Doherty - not worth coming on

Lita - absolute pants as usual, missed at least two good chances, waste of space

Wilson - was going bananas on the line and obviously sorted a few things out at HT

"If all you say was really true, why was the result "deserved" as your Topic heading suggests?"

Because we were playing against a truly awful team and at least were trying to score.

"england , you really dont have a clue do you"

bit of an inept reply - what leads you to that conclusion.

Guest Bootylicious
Philips - was pants today and Coles, Hill and Carey looked like they threatened to deck him for failing to come and take simple crosses

Totally agree. He seems to lacking in confidence. Or has he always been poor at coming for crosses and commanding his area?

Woodman - was ok in bits

He is improving though. Id rather see him played than Bell.

Hill - was no more than ok

Agree. Not his best game.

Coles -had a mare and continually gave the ball away and his positioning was yeuk

Agree. Think he's played below par this season. Think its all about confidence though?

Carey - second half particularly started to look like linking well with Roberts

Yup - Shades of the Carey-Murray partnership from last season. If DW consistantly plays Roberts down the right with him, there is potential for a good partnership.

Brown - was useless

Useless? And lazy! Why is he so inconsistant??

Tinman - was almost useless

Disagree!! Wasnt his usual influential self, but still set up most of our attacks with some delightful passes.

Wilkshire - had his worst ever game for the club, and thats saying something.

Was poor in the first half, improved in the second. His worst games for the club were out on the right though!

Roberts - my man of the match, poor crossing but caused danger every attack

Agree. Looked our most lively player and always looked at creating opportunities. Needs a little more consistancy though, which will come with playing games.

Miller - never really got going.

Agree.

Peacock - absolute cr#p until the very well taken goal.

Totally agree! I hope DW has a loan striker in mind to take LP's place in the team. Has been rubbish recently and needs a kick up the arse.

Doherty - not worth coming on.

Yes - we needed to protect the lead?!

Lita - absolute pants as usual, missed at least two good chances, waste of space.

I wouldnt say 'as usual'. Sporadic appearances as a substitute is not giving the lad a fair chance. Play him from the start and then we'll see.

Wilson - was going bananas on the line and obviously sorted a few things out at HT.

Seems as though he did aswell.

<br /> Thought id reply with a more constructive answer!

Umm, i havent quite mastered this 'use quote' thingy!! :D

Thanks for taking the time to respond - agree or disagree is irrelevant but the forum is about opinions -

Tins just didn't seem himself and too many passes went astray for my liking.

I have only seen Lita in the reserves or coming on as a sub at home and have yet to see him have a positive effect on the outcome - maybe he is different away but on that I cannot comment.

I do like Woodman and think he is generally improving but I still think Bell is a better crosser of the ball and at the moment both Peacock and Miller are desperate for service.

Thanks for taking the time to respond - agree or disagree is irrelevant but the forum is about opinions -

Tins just didn't seem himself and too many passes went astray for my liking.

I have only seen Lita in the reserves or coming on as a sub at home and have yet to see him have a positive effect on the outcome - maybe he is different away but on that I cannot comment.

I do like Woodman and think he is generally improving but I still think Bell is a better crosser of the ball and at the moment both Peacock and Miller are desperate for service.

A far more lucid and fair commentary than your original post, I would agree with a lot of this one but couldn't make much sense of the first one.

Agree it wasn't one of the best games I've seen on Saturday. First half was very poor but thought we did OK after half time. I went to the game thinking Stockport would be poor opposition basing my judgement on their league position. I didn't realise that they hadn't lost away in the league since September and in fact they have an away record that is better than ours and only one point worse than QPR. That suggests that it's not only us that have struggled at home against them.

<br /> A far more lucid and fair commentary than your original post, I would agree with a lot of this one but couldn't make much sense of the first one.

Just shows how I can calm down in 24 hours - both posts reflect how I felt and are similar but one is less effusive :D

I didn't include you in my subsequent moan because you asked a reasonable question that deserved an answer.

Archived