IGNORED

Over And Under Achievers

City Exile

Ok - its a quiet day at work, and I know its is not yet the half season just yet, but I had some time on my hands. So, at the 'nearly' half season, what teams have most surprised/disappointed you, against your expectatons at the start of the season.

Mine would be:

Over Achievers

3rd place Hartlepool. Really thought they would struggle this year. Have been 'in the pack' so far, and already look pretty safe;

2nd place Colchester. Again, expected a mid-lower half table performance. A real surprise to see them, at this stage, pushing for a play off.

1st place Plymouth. Out of my list of real contenders, they were not on it! With QPR some way above the best of the rest so far - goal difference highlights.

Special mention for QPR; lots of comment at start of season about thin squad.

Under achievers

3rd place Us. Ok, I know we are 6th. Against start of season hype, would not have expected us however to be so far adrift of top two. In premiership speak, we are not in the Chelsea/Arsenal/Man Utd shake down, and expected to be there;

2nd place Tranmere. Just missed out on play offs last year, and some way above 8th. Last half of last season must have left fans with high hopes this season;

1st place Sheff Wed. 25,000 for a home draw against Chesterfield!! Fans must be gutted, but maybe not as surprised as I am. Income from fans alone must be £3m above everyone else in this league. In time, surely will sort it out.

Any others got views?

Over achievers, Barsley, have sold some major names for this division and still right up there and knocked us out of the Cup. After watching them at home the only word that springs to mind is HOW? They were shocking and we were no better, they are also unbeaten at home.

With regard to the attendance at Wednesday on Saturday, Chesterfield is a local derby and there were more in the Chesterfield end than they had at home to us first game of the season!! But Wednesday are MASSIVE.

Apart from the obvious Sheff Wed and I suppose us (so far) although many would swap places with us right now, I don't see many under achievers.

I liked to throw in a few over achievers though, I am amazed that Brighton have kept things going in the school playing fields they call a ground especially after selling Zamora.

Swindle T, I don't rate King as a manager and thought he was lucky to still be in a job and Matt Hewlett is an ever present! :Confused13:

Wrexham similar to above without Matt Hewlett obviously.

Notts county, this may seem strange considering their position but I thought they would be almost gone by now, they were so bad against us.

Archived