IGNORED

Unless Our Board Changes

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

With our current bunch of cautious directors at the helm, it is becoming increasingly clear that only a move to Severnside will give us the cash we need to invest in the squad and maybe the image we need to compete with bigger clubs like Wolves (Remember when Oaks and branch turned us down for them).

The lack of spending on players, indeed a lack of spending on anything is increasingly crippling this club in terms of competing with other teams for players ect.

The worry for me would be that Rovers move to Severnside and then guess where these big pop concerts and Rugby internationals are going to be held?

I wouldn't expect it do be at Ashton Gate.

If it is true that we would not have to pay for this new stadium, the money we would get from the sale of Ashton gate would be a terrific stepping stone on he road to bigger and better things.

And if this is the catalyst to get us out the lower leagues then surely it's worth it.

(A. I know this has been done 2 death but i'm bored)

(B. I don't mean everything I've said, just being devils advocate, so dont get personal)

My biggest worry is also that Rovers are for the move to the Severnside (they'd be mad not to with their awful stadium etc.) For rovers to move their and city not to, which means rovers woyld benifit from having a new stadium with city staying at ashton gate.

From a city fans perspectif we have better everything then The Gas and by moving to severnside we would be equal. :D

Although the building of this new stadium will (thoretically) not cost City or Rovers anything, the owners will make their profits out of renting the facilities to the users. 5 years time, AG is a warehouse complex and the Stadium Owners jack their prices right up. City & Rovers can't or won't pay that much - 2 homeless clubs - extinction or groundshare with Cardiff and/or Swindon. Alternately, we fans will have to pay much more than at present to watch the home team we've had to pay out travelling fees for.

That stadium Rushden use is decent, but it was built by the merged club on the site of Irthlingborough's ground, not a brand new site.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Yeah but surely the contract would stop massive rent rises?

As for the transport, one would hope that the council/club ect arranges cheap and easy travel. Park and Ride from Ashton to Severnside? a regular train from Temple MEads, Bath and Keynsham?

Severnside - NO WAY. :D

Souless stadium - probably cost a frigging fortune to watch 2nd division football, miles away from most (I'm guessing here) people who currently go.

Redevelop Ashton gate at a pace that coincides with the demand from supporters as we go up the leagues (Well - its christmas!!) ;)

we may as well stay at ashton gate as we can't fill that stadium let alone a 30,000

seater one, the fans are staying away as it is a move there would make it worse.

if we could build a stadium that is are own then fine i'm all for a move but only if we owned it and it is IN BRISTOL not south glous, but first i'd rather see us get a stable position in div.1 before we talk of a new ground there are teams in div.1 with smaller grounds than us and holding their own...

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Lets move away from the issue of filling the stadium and improving Ashton Gate.

The way I see it, we don't have the money to go anywhere right now, and I can't see any coming in very soon either.

If we were to sell Ashton Gate and the money from this was mainly used on players then we could actually start moving in the right direction.

In terms of building new stands at Ashton gate ect - Where will this money come from?

Lets move away from the issue of filling the stadium and improving Ashton Gate.

The way I see it, we don't have the money to go anywhere right now, and I can't see any coming in very soon either. 

If we were to sell Ashton Gate and the money from this was mainly used on players then we could actually start moving in the right direction.

In terms of building new stands at Ashton gate ect - Where will this money come from?

true, but the gamble is buying players that are any good lets face it a ground is for life a greedy player buggers off in 2 to 3 years ''thorpe'' 1 million is a good example do we really want to sell our home for that to happen again? and also

buying players for lots of money for them to be a flop ie steve jones, i don't think

selling ashton gate to bring in players is the right way to go.

Archived