IGNORED

Adam Locke's

Guest BTR_FTG

Guest BTR_FTG

Did anybody catch the Pro Manure Sun this morning who've dug up an old story concerning Adam Locke going unpunished whilst enjoying a spliff or six in 1995 (it's important apparently as the Heard geezer on Rio's panel was deputy chairman of Colchester at the time of the incident). Locke, still only 33, is plying his trade at Hornchurch & believes he's no longer in league football owing to the, "number of foreigners," in the UK game. No Adam, it's because you're not very good.

BTR

FTG

Guest Harry May

Anybody else remember the Easter Monday away game to Portsmouth when we were last in Division 1 ?

We had beaten Port Vale on the Saturday , and took a large support down to Fratton. Portsmouth were right in the mire , financially . Spent most of the game waving money at the Pompey fans.

If I remember correctly Adam Locke scored with a cracking header right infront of us. We went bl00dy mental . City won 1-0.

Also , I think that was the game when Mark Shail had a run in with some of the home fans.

It was a bit "lively" outside the ground as well.

Caldicot Red.

Anybody else remember the Easter Monday away game to Portsmouth when we were last in Division 1 ?

Yes I was there for that game, if I remember results elsewhere didn`t go our way though, seem to recall that Crewe beat West Brom. Didn`t benny throw his City cap into the home fans when we scored as well?

I remember that Portsmouth game well, after Lockes goal it went mental. And yes there was a lot of trouble afterwards. Scary walk back to the car. I remember some City fans climbing over the fence to beat up some Pompey fans who were gesticulating to us. Atmosphere was great, but I'm not into the trouble at all.

No Adam, it's because you're not very good.

BTR

FTG

<br /> Have to disagree. I thought he was an honest, talented player who understood the position he played in better than most and performed extremkely well.

Incidentally, I was surprised to hear from someone within the club that even though he looked rather scary he was also one of the more intelligent players to pull on a City shirt. I regretted it when he went at the end of his contract, and I think the team was worse for it too.

Guest Harry May

Where did he go to after he left us ? Was it Luton ? I know he had a run out for Oxford reserves just before he joined Hornchurch . Like Red Top says , I did n't think he was a bad player . I think he was offered a new contract but did n't he decline it ?

With Regards to the Portsmouth game , the policing that day was bizarre . Loads of OB around , but when the fun and games started they did n't seem to want to do anything about it. In one of the side roads , there were a bunch of blokes going toe-to-toe , the police were at the top of the road just watching them . I do n't think they nicked any of them.

Like Greneda Red says , it was hell of an atmosphere . Quite intimidating but that's what away games could be like. Reminded me of the 70s abit.

Caldicot Red.

Archived