IGNORED

Yeovil V Shrewsbury

Guest fatherdougal

Guest fatherdougal

I was sat in the Bartlett stand this afternoon, watching a team which I can only describe as a pack of hounds on heat. At 4-2 up and four minutes into

stoppage time they were still racing up the pitch for the last corner. Unlike

City, they don't have a problem conceding the odd goal, simply because they have a midfield (I thought Way and Terry were outstanding) that can instantly repair the damage. 2-1 down, they score 3 in 13 minutes. Now that's confidence.

I was sat in the Bartlett stand this afternoon, watching a team which I can only describe as a pack of hounds on heat. At 4-2 up and four minutes into

stoppage time they were still racing up the pitch for the last corner. Unlike

City, they don't have a problem conceding the odd goal, simply because they have a midfield (I thought Way and Terry were outstanding) that can instantly repair the damage. 2-1 down, they score 3 in 13 minutes. Now that's confidence.

Yeovil Town interests no one on this forum. Whether they win 4-2 or lose 10-2 it is of no consequence to us. Try posting this on the YT forum. Goodnight.

why don't yeovil interest us?  we'll probably be playing them next season.

Then why on earth did he/she open a thread called "Yeovil V Shrewsbury" in they don't have any interest in it :laugh:

I like Yeovil, I went there quite a lot during there non-league days, friendly club and supporters... I'm more than sure they'll go up and give League One, "one hell of a beating!"

:dunno:

Guest fatherdougal

You can learn a few things from games like this, Kingpin. Firstly, if Yeovil are typical, it explains why Marc Goodfellow is able to thrive in a division lower. What you get at Huish Park is a quick passing game with a notable absence of big physical players. And there is a quality difference in our league. Matty Hill for example, would be seen as a big intimidating defender in Div 2. If Yeovil do come up next season, players like Butler, Dinning, and Michael Nelson come to that, would probably shut the gate on them.

Against Luke, Scott and Steve Brooker - they would have to re-design their whole approach to defence, which looks shaky enough as it is.

That said, they are a team on fire and you have to give credit where credit is due.

Just wondering if anyone believes Yeovil town will get promoted to the promised land of the Championship before us? Johnson seems to have a knack of bringing in the necessary players with the right work ethic and footballing ability for whichever division they find themselves in. Reckon they'll be quite a strong side in this league next year....

Guest AndrewTN
You can learn a few things from games like this, Kingpin. Firstly, if Yeovil are typical, it explains why Marc Goodfellow is able to thrive in a division lower. What you get at Huish Park is a quick passing game with a notable absence of big physical players. And there is a quality difference in our league. Matty Hill for example, would be seen as a big intimidating defender in Div 2. If Yeovil do come up next season, players like Butler, Dinning, and Michael Nelson come to that, would probably shut the gate on them.

Against Luke, Scott and Steve Brooker - they would have to re-design their whole approach to defence, which looks shaky enough as it is.

That said, they are a team on fire and you have to give credit where credit is due.

Yea....just like we shut out l'il old Torquay at the start of the season right?! :laugh:

Wouldn't surprise me to see them do a double promotion next season as we sit in 8th place looking up at them asking how they can do it on their resources....

Yeovil born & raised in my early years me though so just a little biased :dunno:

Archived