IGNORED

Great Result !

Port Said Red

Have to say that I am well impressed with the result last night, I would never have thought the team that performed so poorly against Harlepool and even Peterborough would have been capable of that.

Looking at the reasons why, I would cite the following.

3-5-2 At last! Please, please please don't let this have just been a "one off tactical move to counter Tranmere". It makes much more sense in the long term.

Wilkshire central midfield At Last! Good enough for it at international level but at City....

Fortune starts at last! The player that a championship side felt was worth £400+ k, gets to play at the back somewhere near his best position for a (currently) average league one side.

Lady luck may have started to shine on us again. Ireland could have been shown red early on, and a penalty could have been given at the end. I am not including goalline clearances because those are not necessarilly lucky, but down to good defending.

Now in the interest of continuous improvement, here are some areas I would like to see considered.

I would still argue with some of the substitutions. Thoughts from the sidelines "The opposition are pressing lets put some pace on and hit them on the break". Decision?

Bring Murray on and play him out of position, when we have "freezer" on the bench who is younger, faster, in form and would be playing on his stronger flank!

In addition to this lets take off the only player on the pitch (Wilks) who can thread the ball through for the "quicks" to run onto!

Finally, I hope that Tinns only played because he was the fittest of three sick or injured defensive mf players. I don't know how he played, but it sounded like he was giving the ball away a lot again. That he was actually subbed is a step in the right direction though.

I hope and pray that we can begin to breakdown teams at home, starting with Bradford on Saturday. COYR.

Guest steve c

Tins played because he still has the ability to pass the ball. The first half was some of the best football we've played for a while and that was mainly due to our midfield being able to pass the ball i.e Tins and Wilkshire. He also made a couple of excellent defensive headers and one superb last ditch tackle when covering for Danny Coles who had ventured up field.

If you had seen the rubbish that came on after him - the TD twins - i'd rather have Tins any day of the week. Until those 2 sort their attitudes out Tins, Wilkshire and Orr all the way for me.

Tins played because he still has the ability to pass the ball. The first half was some of the best football we've played for a while and that was mainly due to our midfield being able to pass the ball i.e Tins and Wilkshire. He also made a couple of excellent defensive headers and one superb last ditch tackle when covering for Danny Coles who had ventured up field.

If you had seen the rubbish that came on after him - the TD twins - i'd rather have Tins any day of the week. Until those 2 sort their attitudes out Tins, Wilkshire and Orr all the way for me.

Thanks Steve, good to hear he did well. The last couple of games he has been a liability, I think I would still prefer him to concentrate on the sidelines and bring Brown and/or Harley through. Orr can play the defensive role.

Have to say that I am well impressed with the result last night, I would never have thought the team that performed so poorly against Harlepool and even  Peterborough would have been capable of that.

Looking at the reasons why, I would cite the following.

3-5-2 At last! Please, please please don't let this have just been a "one off tactical move to counter Tranmere". It makes much more sense in the long term.

Wilkshire central midfield At Last! Good enough for it at international level but at City....

Fortune starts at last! The player that a championship side felt was worth £400+ k, gets to play at the back somewhere near his best position for a (currently) average league one side.

Lady luck may have started to shine on us again. Ireland could have been shown red early on, and a penalty could have been given at the end. I am not including goalline clearances because those are not necessarilly lucky, but down to good defending.

Now in the interest of continuous improvement, here are some areas I would like to see considered.

I would still argue with some of the substitutions. Thoughts from the sidelines "The opposition are pressing lets put some pace on and hit them on the break". Decision?

Bring Murray on and play him out of position, when we have "freezer" on the bench who is younger, faster, in form and would be playing on his stronger flank!

In addition to this lets take off the only player on the pitch (Wilks) who can thread the ball through for the "quicks" to run onto!

Finally, I hope that Tinns only played because he was the fittest of three sick or injured defensive mf players. I don't know how he played, but it sounded like he was giving the ball away a lot again. That he was actually subbed is a step in the right direction though.

I hope and pray that we can begin to breakdown teams at home, starting with Bradford on Saturday. COYR.

Yep,agree with you here.

We CAN do it & we SHOULD be up with Hull & Luton.

The fact is that we have a rookie manager,that still dosn't really know what his team strengths are.

I feel that the inconsistancy that we show could be our downfall this season.

In some games we have shown great ability in others you would think we were a bottom half of table team.

Lets hope that Tinnion has now finally got the formation & desire right with the players & last night dosn't prove to be another 'one off' game.

Wilkshire in the middle is something that has had to happen for a while & it worked well last nite.

As for Tinnion,well still think he should put Dinning or Doc ahead of him.

Archived