IGNORED

Here We Go Again

Robbored

City lose for the first time in 7 games and the boo-boys are already out in force.

Moaning about Tinnion,Lita and picking the team that would have beaten H'pool which would have been full of youngsters.

The next thing will be the slagging off Steve Landsdown for appointing BT as the "cheap option" followed by more complaining about BT and his lack of experience. :D

I wish I could predict the lottery numbers as confidently as predicting the content of this forum.... ;)

My "Bristol-City-Forum-Cycle" theory continues in full force.... A loss against a team higher than you... Shock horror, it's the fact a modest team called Hartlepool United are better than BCFC, and that angers many, many people on here.

City reeeeally should be winning these games as they are crucial. City aren't going up automatically and at this rate not in the dreaded 3rd... But it's not the end of the world as you know it! I think people react like it's the last game of the season.

And dear Lord I'm glad Swindon aren't going to Hillsborough on the final day! That's going to be a MATCH!

Indeed the excuses are predictable and in many cases complete nonsense, but I don't blame certain sections of the supporters for being at least worried about our situation, having spent like a team gunning for promotion in the Championship.

I have been bored of the criticism that Tinman recieves on the forum, but I must admit I am on the turn now; Friday is a must-win game no doubt about that!

City lose for the first time in 7 games and the boo-boys are already out in force.

Moaning about Tinnion,Lita and picking the team that would have beaten H'pool which would have been full of youngsters.

The next thing will be the slagging off Steve Landsdown for appointing BT as the "cheap option" followed by more complaining about BT and his lack of experience.    :D

I wish I could predict the lottery numbers as confidently as predicting the content of this forum.... ;)

I agree it's irritating how extreme reactions on here are to one result (which is true whether we win or lose). Personally I think Tinns will be a good manager and do us proud, I still think we'll finish in the play-offs but I'd like to see us playing to win more by having a more attacking starting lineup.

Nibor

Lets get a few things straight...

A)  Tinnion was the "cheap-option".

B)  Tinnion does have a lack of experience.

Should we be lying in 7th place at this stage of the season?? I think not.

He may have been cheaper but that wasn't the reason or even a factor in why he was appointed. SteveL gave very clear reasons for the appointment, whether you agree with them or not I haven't noticed him lying to us ever so until he does I will believe what he says whether I agree with his opinions or not.

If you consider how important a manager is and how relatively inexpensive they are (less than one player normally) it's completely ludicrous to suggest we appointed one with saving 100k or so in mind.

Nibor

Guest Barneyredballs

So explain where we should be and why then?

I agree it's irritating how extreme reactions on here are to one result (which is true whether we win or lose).  Personally I think Tinns will be a good manager and do us proud, I still think we'll finish in the play-offs but I'd like to see us playing to win more by having a more attacking starting lineup.

Nibor

I was saying the same to an individual in the chatroom, who no doubt will be posting their own 'balanced' style of comments on here in due course, after todays defeat.

Predictable, just about covers how I feel about it, as was their 'F Off', reply.

Guest comeonureds
Indeed the excuses are predictable and in many cases complete nonsense, but I don't blame certain sections of the supporters for being at least worried about our situation, having spent like a team gunning for promotion in the Championship.

I have been bored of the criticism that Tinman recieves on the forum, but I must admit I am on the turn now; Friday is a must-win game no doubt about that!

i think even the most patient of fan,is now seriously concerned about the tinnion situation,i don't think tinnion will see the end of the season as bcfc manager ;)

Guest ashtonyate

Tinman may have been the cheap option and no experience but you are only as good as the players you can pick from.And we lack player of class at Ashton Gate. Butler should have been put out to pasture at the end of last year

Any way you don't expect to beat big clubs like Harlepool away from home do you.

are you mad

So explain where we should be and why then?

We should be fighting for an automatic promotion spot as promised by Tinnion at the start of the season.

IMO, if we kept Wilson we would be in a much better position then we are now.

I can't see us getting in the play-offs. We have lost too many points at home and havn't been very consistant at all.

If we don't go up this season, Tinnion has failed and should go.

Guest MaloneFM

I think we are heading for a top ten finish rather than a top six. Wilson got us there last season via an unbelievable winning streak.

It was such a fluke he couldn't re-create it.

I think we are putting too much onto an average side. We are a top half team and any higher than that is a bonus. All this 'big club' stuff is cobblers.

Stick with Tins but get someone with experience behind him. He may know the club but he played 3-5-2 again today which does not work. We defend like pansies but we have Millen alongside Tins who has all the coaching badges and by all accounts came top in his class at Lilleshall.

I say write this one off and for gods sake stop moaning. We are no where near the bottom are we?

SteveL gave very clear reasons for the appointment, whether you agree with them or not I haven't noticed him lying to us ever so until he does I will believe what he says whether I agree with his opinions or not.

Nibor

er apart from first saying failure to achieve auto promotion is not an option and when that went out the window it became judge me on my appointment of Tins - wonder when he will change his mind on that one.

Any way you don't expect to beat big clubs like Harlepool away from home do you.

are you mad

I expect there are a number of sides in this league that say the same, but no ones managed it yet, this season. And they've only drawn twice. 38/42 pts.

Hartlepool are not highly fashionable, agreed. But they're where they are on merit (ie. above us - even before the game).

Guest Barneyredballs
We should be fighting for an automatic promotion spot as promised by Tinnion at the start of the season.

IMO, if we kept Wilson we would be in a much better position then we are now.

I can't see us getting in the play-offs.  We have lost too many points at home and havn't been very consistant at all.

If we don't go up this season, Tinnion has failed and should go.

You are of course taking into consideration the loss of Carey/Peacock/Brown over the summer.

I don't know if Wilson would have made differences if he'd also have lost those players. Tinnion was bound to go for automatic as we are the biggest bunch of impatient fans in the lower divisions you can find.

You aren't real when you say that Tinnion should go if he doesn't get us up...

Where did DW finish first season round? Tinnion will be given plenty of time and will build up his own experience on the way.

We are fighting for a promotion place, which all things considered I see as a decent achievement for a team who is honest enough to say that they are not playing brilliant football at present.

Guest ashtonyate
I expect there are a number of sides in this league that say the same, but no ones managed it yet, this season. And they've only drawn twice. 38/42 pts.

Hartlepool are not highly fashionable, agreed. But they're where they are on merit (ie. above us - even before the game).

I agree with that, just one point how does a team who get a crowd of under 6,000 get to have a better team that a club who get gate of just under 12,000

I agree with that, just  one point how does a team who get a crowd of under 6,000 get to have a better team that a club who get gate of just under 12,000

Why should a team with a 12,000 gate be any better? Please note that both clubs are probably making a loss so you can't really say we have more money.

Nibor

Guest ashtonyate
Why should a team with a 12,000 gate be any better?  Please note that both clubs are probably making a loss so you can't really say we have more money.

Nibor

Then you must ask is the money is being spent well and i will not say the nest line

Guest KingswoodRed

That is all very well, but for a club to be in 7th place after losing the first game in 7 surely must mean the previous unbeaten run wasn't all it was cracked up to be?

There seems to be no middle ground at this point of the season with regards to the 'boo boys' as you put it and the 'rose tinted brigade'.

Each half of the wider fan base still have something to chew on.

A unbelievable result versus Tranmere keeps the 'rose tinted brigade' on top for a game....then the 'boo boys' have their turn with the next two games.

The word to sum it all up?

Inconsistancy.

And if that keeps up, the winners in this particular game will be the 'boo boys'.

Who are right, and who are wrong?

You decide.

Why should a team with a 12,000 gate be any better?  Please note that both clubs are probably making a loss so you can't really say we have more money.

Nibor

I'm pretty sure we've spent more money and have a higher wage bill. It does make you wonder what the point of that is. If our aspirations are no higher than Hartlepool's then why don't we cut our cloth in the same manner as Hartlepool, be up front with the supporters and save ourselves a few quid into the bargain?

Then watch our gates go down to 6,000!

The next thing will be the slagging off Steve Landsdown for appointing BT as the "cheap option" followed by more complaining about BT and his lack of experience.    :D

HERE HERE MY FRIEND I HEAR YA LOUD AND CLEAR..next time we win they will be tinnions biggest fans!! hipocrites

That is all very well, but for a club to be in 7th place after losing the first game in 7 surely must mean the previous unbeaten run wasn't all it was cracked up to be?

There seems to be no middle ground at this point of the season with regards to the 'boo boys' as you put it and the 'rose tinted brigade'.

Each half of the wider fan base still have something to chew on.

A unbelievable result versus Tranmere keeps the 'rose tinted brigade' on top for a game....then the 'boo boys' have their turn with the next two games.

Who cares ,i be here next season if we get relegated and i wont moan one bit after all they all think they can do it better but i geuss thats why they earn 4 quid an hour at tesco's cus managment is far to easy!

Who cares ,i be here next season if we get relegated and i wont moan one bit after all they all think they can do it better but i geuss thats why they earn 4 quid an hour at tesco's cus managment is far to easy!

HERE HERE MY FRIEND I HEAR YA LOUD AND CLEAR..next time we win they will be tinnions biggest fans!! hipocrites

Totally wrong in many cases. There are a number of people on this forum who are wrongly classed as boo-boys but are prepared to criticise on the forum in a reasoned manner based on what they see and whose opinions don't change with the wind.

My gripe, and I have said this all season, has nothing to do with our league position. it is simply that the football we play most Home games lacks imagination and is boring. Therefore entertainment value = NIL. Our poor league placing (in comparison with the last two seasons) only serves to compound this problem in my eyes.

Guest ashtonyate

Lets hope we go down save a beating from Yeovil

Guest Mr_Irrelevant

[From a Hartlepool fan]

You lot make me laugh!

Bristol City are a very good side as was proved today at Hartlepool. Ok you lost but you were far from disgraced, we played very well. The fact that you ignore is that Hartlepool are also a good team. Forget the Hartlepool United of the 70's and 80's, today you played a class team and gave us a hell of a game.

I thought that you would have learned from the play-offs that these days we are no push overs, neither are you! Both teams will be thereabouts come May and assuming that our defenders are not assasinated again we may even see Cardiff!

[From a Hartlepool fan]

You lot make me laugh!

Bristol City are a very good side as was proved today at Hartlepool. Ok you lost but you were far from disgraced, we played very well.  The fact that you ignore is that Hartlepool are also a good team.  Forget the Hartlepool United of the 70's and 80's, today you played a class team and gave us a hell of a game.

I thought that you would have learned from the play-offs that these days we are no push overs,  neither are you!  Both teams will be thereabouts come May and assuming that our defenders are not assasinated again we may even see Cardiff!

Well said, an outsider to post one of the most sensible posts :D

Time to bring out our secret weapon ;)

East East East Enders :( hatfull for sure on Friday you lot and directors take note. :D:blink::o

Maybe I haven't read the whole of the forum since the defeat, but all I have read so far has been constructive attempts at suggesting ways forward.

I have seen the vitriol a lot worse in the past.

Numbness is what it is......numbness.

Archived