IGNORED

It Has To Be The Play-offs For Us At Best

greenun

...considering the following totals for the teams finishing in 6th place over the last 5 seasons?

> 2003-04 Hartlepool 73

> 2002-03 Cardiff 81

> 2001-02 Huddersfield 78

> 2000-01 Wigan 75

> 1999-00 Stoke 82

I'm going for 77 points. The average is 77.8.

Any more guesses?

Guest Oxford Red
...considering the following totals for the teams finishing in 6th place over the last 5 seasons?

> 2003-04 Hartlepool    73

> 2002-03 Cardiff      81

> 2001-02 Huddersfield  78

> 2000-01 Wigan        75

> 1999-00 Stoke        82

I'm going for 77 points. The average is 77.8.

Any more guesses?

At least 73 :o

I think it'll be 75 points or over.

A points tally that I cannot see us achieving.

Even if it was an incredibly low tally like 72 or 73, thats still another 30 points we need from what 17 games?

Can't see it happening I'm afraid, especially bearing in mind we still have some of our toughest games of the season to come - Hull, Luton, Swindon, Brentford, COLU (never win there) and Sheff Weds away from home.

If the average is 77 and City have 44 points so far with 17 more games to play.That means that if City are to get enough points to reach the play offs then they need to win at least 10 of those and draw three which allows four defeats.

City have to average more or less two points a game from here on in and thats a tall order.

Its not looking very good..... :o

I thought you said on Saturday that it was 'no big deal' that City lost at Hartlepool?

Are you now only just realising that the likelihood of City reaching the play-offs is actually quite slim?

Some of us have been saying this for weeks.

I thought you said on Saturday that it was 'no big deal' that City lost at Hartlepool?

Are you now only just realising that the likelihood of City reaching the play-offs is actually quite slim?

Some of us have been saying this for weeks.

We might or could make the the pray-offs..... but can't see that we would win them?

....... some of us have had that feeling all season :o

Minimum 75.

Which if we take all 21 on offer at home we need a further 10 from a very tricky list of away games!

As has been said I wouldnt fancy us over two legs over any of the likely opoosition except Brentford, and we are trying to displace them!!

We might or could make the the pray-offs..... but can't see that we would win them?

....... some of us have had that feeling all season ;)

Oh not that feeling thingy again :o and we will make them play off thingys as well as I must of missed a couple of pubs out last year in Cardiff.

:Party12: :Party12: :Party12:

I saidan average of two points a game about a month ago and that still holds.

That would give 78 points and that could well be enough in a what is a very poor, yet competitive division, this year.

I suppose our luck must change sonner or later in the play offs :o

Carefull that was nearly a positive post ;)

Spot on. :o

I hadn't thought about just how many points City might need to reach the lottery and Saturdays thread was going on the league position and nothing else.

You'd think that I my age ;) I'd know better,but if we all fully thought things through before posting this forum would be really dull.... :P

Oh not that feeling thingy again :o and we will make them play off thingys as well as I must of missed a couple of pubs out last year in Cardiff.

:Party12:  :Party12:  :Party12:

I was sober for the whole event mush ;) ...... it was only after the game that I felt like drinking (to forget!)

City have to average more or less two points a game from here on in and thats a tall order.

Aye - 2pts/game for 78pts and that's Championship form, a standard we've looked a tad short of thus far. It would also mean improving our results over the closing period of the season, something we never managed in any of the four seasons under Wilson.

In my opinion, if we do scrape into the play-offs the fact that it would have been achieved on improved form should put us in good heart to finally win that poxy lottery.

Edit - one bright spot is that a few other clubs

would have to do much the same to stay ahead of us

(so its good to hear Brentford are losing)

Guest South Coast Red

Stop panicking you miserable bunch of moaners , we will make the play offs , and once in it doesn't matter whether your third or sixth as we of all clubs know.

If we need so many wins and so many draws from so many matches hasn't it occured to you that so do our opponents, and that we have the strongest squad (to deal with injuries,suspensions, fatigue), the most experience of play offs and in my view the greatest desire , and possibly it's how Tin's as a Manager , us as Fans and the Board as the decision makers deal with that weight of expectation that will either help or hinder the players to achieve what we all so desperately want.

Every set back is not a disaster (we were'nt exactly the first team to lose at Hartlepool)because the other wanabees will have them to and if you check out our position in the League Table on the website fixture list you will see we have been slowly but surely edging up the ladder.A short while ago we hovered between 8th & 9th , now it's 5th/6th/7th , trust me , the others are more worried about us than we are , and that's saying something.

We are going up . we deserve to go up , and this year it's going to happen ,so sing up friday night

:o;):blink::D:blink::me?:

Stop panicking you miserable bunch of moaners , we will make the play offs , and once in it doesn't matter whether your third or sixth as we of all clubs know.

If we need so many wins and so many draws from so many matches hasn't it occured to you that so do our opponents, and that we have the strongest squad (to deal with injuries,suspensions, fatigue), the most experience of play offs and in my view the greatest desire , and possibly it's how Tin's as a Manager , us as Fans and the Board as the decision makers deal with that weight of expectation that will either help or hinder the players to achieve what we all so desperately want.

Every set back is not a disaster (we were'nt exactly the first team to lose at Hartlepool)because the other wanabees will have them to and if you check out our position in the League Table on the website fixture list you will see we have been slowly but surely edging up the ladder.A short while ago we hovered between 8th & 9th , now it's 5th/6th/7th , trust me , the others are more worried about us than we are , and that's saying something.

We are going up . we deserve to go up , and this year it's going to happen ,so sing up friday night

:o  ;)  :blink:  :D  :blink:  :me?:

You are clinically insane.

Guest South Coast Red
You are clinically insane.

I was OK till the trip to the Millenium Stadium last year , but insanity is only a state of mind and it's better than being such a miserable prat who has a signature like yours.

;)  :blink:  :D  :blink:  :me?:  :city:

My heart is with you,but my head is ruling at the moment.

Like all other City fans I really hope your vision comes true.

But I don't think you can class such comments as coming from miserable pr@ts - just because some fans see the realisum of recent performances & havn't got those Rose coloured specs.

One issue - we do have the best squad (allegdley) but as for the desire - umh ?? :o

I was OK till the trip to the Millenium Stadium last year , but insanity is only a state of mind and it's better than being such a miserable prat who has a signature like yours.

No ..... I agree, you are clinically insane and I add that there is nothing at all prattish about that signature..... nutter boy :o

I think we all expected too much. Personally I said at the start of the season that If we finished in the top 10 then I would be suprised. We have a new inexperienced manager and with an inexperienced number 2 we cannot expect miracles straight away. Yes we have the players so it is a two way thing. But Tinnion has different ways of doing things and thats why we have had such an inconsistent season

If the average is 77 and City have 44 points so far with 17 more games to play.That means that if City are to get enough points to reach the play offs then they need to win at least 10 of those and draw three which allows four defeats.

NO SWEAT!!

WE CAN WIN 10 AND DRAW 3! NO WORRIES!!

CHALK UP THE 3 PTS:

chesterfield h

walsall h

oldham h

blackpool h

torquay a

port vale h

wrexham h

mk dons a

doncaster h

barnsley h

AND WE CAN EASILY TAKE 3PTS+

FROM THE FOLLOWING:

hull a

colchester a

luton a

bournemouth h

swindon a

brenford a

sheff wed a

I reckon we may even win a couple! come on, it's on all the way.

Beat the big'uns at the end and who knows....

Archived