IGNORED

Butler-liability

Guest bristol south end

Guest bristol south end

never a game goes by without butler making bad errors its time he was dropped hes just not the player he was a year ago give fortune a go

To be fair to Butler the error last night was not entirely his fault.Either Phillips didn't call(that wouldn`t be the first time) or Butler didn`t hear him call.

Either way Phillips is as much to blame as Butler.

Surely Phillips should be dropped!!!

Bring in Stowell- PLAY THE KIDS.

:how funny:

Note the sarcasm in this post so PLEASE- NO BACKLASH!

To be fair to Butler the error last night was not entirely his fault.Either Phillips didn't call(that wouldn`t be the first time) or Butler didn`t hear him call.

I heard the call from the Atyeo!

Butler has been nowhere near the standards that he set himself last season, but I'm not sure whether I would be in favour of a Hill, Coles, Fortune partnership, not a lot of experience there. While Butler has been under-performing his experience is at times crucial.

I heard the call from the Atyeo!

Butler has been nowhere near the standards that he set himself last season, but I'm not sure whether I would be in favour of a Hill, Coles, Fortune partnership, not a lot of experience there. While Butler has been under-performing his experience is at times crucial.

Quite agreed... the quality is still there somewhere he just looks tired! Is experience is quite something and thats vital for our defence. :(

i heard it in H Block, if i heard it and Butler never then theres something wrong there.

I agree with Jimbob. I was in the Atyeo and I heard the call.

Perhaps Butler was surprised that he got the call - it is hardly Phillips strongest point.

However, Butler should remain. Not least for the calming effect he has on the young players around him. Yes, Coles and Hill are experienced to an extent - but they still look like they need an old hand to help guide them.

We must also face facts - the reason Butler is with us is because he is 2nd Div quality. If we are expecting to see a player who is exempt from making mistakes then that is unrealistic in this division.

To be fair to Tony, perhaps he is a little tired and jaded. He may not e dominating as he once did for us - but neither is Danny Coles. I think that whilst Danny can defend well (most of the time), his distribution is in need of some work.

I think the errors have come into butlers game when he has tried to do something with the ball. When he keeps it simple he is at his best.

I agree with Jimbob. I was in the Atyeo and I heard the call.

Perhaps Butler was surprised that he got the call - it is hardly Phillips strongest point.

True but he is trying to improve it and players ignoring him won't encourage him.

I sat low down behind the goal at the Atyeo end last season, and heard players telling him to shut up (or in one case (F+++ off) :(:D when he tried to organise the defence at a corner.

Archived