IGNORED

Tinman

CTRed

I would just like to add my own piece on Brian Tinnion.

Brian - You are a true Bristol City legend, you are the one player on the field who represents the very meaning of BCFC, you play with the commitment, passion, energy and pride that we as fans would give if we had the chance.

From the very moment I started watching BCFC you have been the one player who consistently stood out and always played for the shirt. You are held in the highest esteem by each and every one of the clubs supporters, we are immensely proud of having Brian Tinnion playing for our club. You are still the envy of many managers and you have earnt the rave reviews that you have received from many of the games most respected icons.

You have had the opportunity to move to bigger clubs in better leagues in your career but have let your heart rule your head and have been loyal to the club and its fans. No matter what has gone on behind the scenes you have always been a calming infuence at the club and someone that supporters, media and colleagues could look to for advice, assurance, honesty and you have and continue to be the benchmark that other players need to look to.

I nor anyone will ever be able to put into words quite how much we appreciate you but we will show in anyway we can as much as possible that we are proud you have been with us for the last 10 years and hope that you are with us for the next 10. I think I am joined by everyone when I say I look forward to seeing you manage our club in the future.

BRIAN TINNION - Thankyou for 10 years fantastically loyal,whole-hearted,proud, and top drawer performances. We truly love you. You are Bristol City Football Club.

"Tinman is a ###### head, he wears a red n white hat,

he plays for Bristol City and is a very nice chap,

he really hates the rovers, he wishes they were dead!,

and if he see's a gas head, he'll kick him in the head! oooooohhhhhhh.........."

Sorry to poor water on your fire but Tins has been a good player for BCFC but not a legend and I speak as one who was delirious in Liverpool.

To me, a legend is someone who stands the test of time and there are very few legends in the history of bcfc, possibly Wedlock although I never saw him and certainly John Atyeo who I was lucky enough to watch.

Neither am I one who looks to seeing him manage bcfc - at least not in the short term because such appointments very rarely work and Tins has no management experience.

Neither is he bcfc - the club is the board, management, coaches, players and fans of the time are the club - and not necessarilly in that order.

What I will agree with is giving thanks to 10 years of, in the majority, very good performances.

As Tins is my favourite player from any league, any nation, any team because he's so like me (99% left footed) i will not add anything but he's a legend in my eyes, and many others, just carry on wearing the badge with pride, it's a man like Tins i would rather meet than a player like Ryan Giggs, premiership players dont excite me in the way our own do - I'd rather have our squads signatures than United's, sentimental Value. Sorry, i've gone off on one ^_^

What a disgusting way for you people to treat one of the best players to grace a city shirt and an ambassador for Bristol City Football Club.

Both arpaul and Robbored should be ashamed of their comments. Views such as this are better left where other people dont have to endure them.

I hope you can see beyond these 2 posts from people who are continually bringing this forum down with negative, ill-conceived posts.

True supporters of Football in general as well as BCFC will agree with my original post about you Brian.

What a disgusting way for you people to treat one of the best players to grace a city shirt and an ambassador for Bristol City Football Club.

Both arpaul and Robbored should be ashamed of their comments. Views such as this are better left where other people dont have to endure them.

I hope you can see beyond these 2 posts from people who are continually bringing this forum down with negative, ill-conceived posts.

True supporters of Football in general as well as BCFC will agree with my original post about you Brian.

I am entitled to view my opinion as are you and I stand by my comments. Having supported City over 35 years I can obviously choose a wealth of players to fill my all time City 11 and substitutes.As for the 'Liverpool' remark, no-one seems to remember(or mention) the 3-1 drubbing of Chelsea during the late 80's, (at home admitedley)- but Liverpool were a poor side when we played them (beaten by Bolton the previous season-at Anfield). :(

My support for City is unquestionable, I think some 70+ grounds have been accounted for on my travels-some now non league. :wub:

I do not continually bring the forum down with negative ill conceived posts nor for that matter does Robored. :(

It's a pity we dont share views but I'm sure you'll eventually see the light -_-

Get of your soap box! This forum is all about opinions and if I don't agree with a thread then its my right to say so as it is yours.

I don't like threads that have a creepy,sugary,smarmy and idolistic flavour written deliberately for the benefit of Tinnion himself who everyone knows reads this forum.

My views on Tinnion are well known so I won't bore you with them now.Suffice to say that I would not ever write such blantant piece of arse licking about any player.

<br /> Get of your soap box!  This forum is all about opinions and if I don't agree with a thread then its my right to say so as it is yours.

I don't like threads that have a creepy,sugary,smarmy and idolistic flavour written deliberately for the benefit of Tinnion himself who everyone knows reads this forum.

My views on Tinnion are well known so I won't bore you with them now.Suffice to say that I would not ever write such blantant piece of arse licking about any player.

Nice one centurion!!

Coerver, very touching post & one I am sure that will have the hair's of Tins & fans standing up on the back of their necks.

I am sure that with this touching verse you will get as much assistance as you can get when Tins turns to full time coach :P

I agree with one thing & that is that Tins has been a great servent to BCFC & for this alone deserves great respect.

Anyone who plays 500 games at one club is desrving of a Testimonial & I for one hope he gets good support in the events coming up. -_-

Not sure whether he will ever make Managerial material, as I recall that he was interviewed for the position (before DW) & reports are that he didn't exactly inspire confidence in the Board.

But saying this times move on & more managerial/coaching experience has been gained & who knows. If he gets the nod one day then if he IS the best available then gets my support.(But I am sure it would be an easy option) :(

Now it appears to have turned into a bit of a bun fight & I for one can see both points of view.

My two pence worth.

- Tins has been a great servent & loyal ( :wub: ) to BCFC

- He is not a legend & IMHO will not be remembered in the 'hall of fame' (Ayteo, Galley, Merrick, Gow, Dzia(that Polish guy) etc)

- Would not get into to the all time 11 best players - maybe not even the reserves.

I also so believe that Coerver is wrong to be so daming of other fans views, but I can see where he is coming from as having gained the brown tongue, he would be right in defending his corner.

The comment 'sick bucket' has been mentioned & while the post was well constructed it did make one heave a little.As I am sure it has only been posted since 'Tinmans' post the other day & with the knowledge that Tins will be reading the Forum.

But hey thats fair enough, we all have been called 'a$$ licks' in our time (me especially on here) B)

Coerver good points, but a little OTT in it's delivery (IMHO)

Not arse-licking, it is showing appreciation for a player who has given so much for the team I support and deserves recognition.

Something British people are very poor at is giving praise!.

:( So why did one wait til now to post the 'undoubted praise'.

Yep, you are right we are never good at singing praise, but lets be fair while I admire your comments, the timing is just obvious.

It does appear to be very arse licking.

If posted while ago, then while some would have taken issue, the brown tongue comments wouldn't have been so strong.

Bad timing

Good timing - Now that Tinman is here he can read the comments.

If I had posted before when Tinman didnt always read the board where would the sense have been in that?!

Whatever people say it is not arse licking and if that is how people want to think then thats down to them.

tins isa top man and if you cut his arm off it would read "BCFC" like a stick of rock but no need to lick his ass just because hes signed up on here.

TBH ass licking comments are more likely to make him not post here, better to accept him as one of us with all the banter that ensues and not greet him on bended knees, hell hes only footballer for heavens sake.

Good timing - Now that Tinman is here he can read the comments.

If I had posted before when Tinman didnt always read the board where would the sense have been in that?!

Whatever people say it is not arse licking and if that is how people want to think then thats down to them.

Fair comment & an up front 'arse licker' at that :wub:

Seriously I say fair play if you wanted it up front & displayed for Tins - but he has an in-box! :(

Guest Dolman Moaner

Reply to arpaul and Richie B

You both say Tinnion would not make your City Greats 11 (maybe not even reserves) in Richie's case.

Now I've got 25 years of watching City under my belt and I know that you

both have longer, but I am struggling to find someone that I would rather see on the left side of midfield in my all time team.

I'm interested to know who you would put in after your comments ?

You both say Tinnion would not make your City Greats 11 (maybe not even reserves) in Richie's case.

both have longer, but I am struggling to find someone that I would rather see on the left side of midfield in my all time team.

Alan Walsh? Always a favourite of mine in the dark old days of the 80's.

Not saying Tins is not a good 'left' sided midfielder.

But my point is that he wouldn't have got in teams like the promotion team of the 70's :(

And also a number of other teams prior to that - teams that included Derrick,Quigley,Kellard etc.

Teams don't have to such a focused left sided midfielder like Tins.

You could fill a midfield with naturally gifted both footed players.

Take todays squad, a midfield that came together Sunday worked very well & I am sure DW didn't have to make it a cert that we needed a left footed midfielder to fill the void.

Take your point, but to pick an 'all time' best City team would not have to include someone who had just one left foot wand. :wub:

Guest redrobin108

Those two so called city supports - Robbored & Arpaul. - what a pair of tits.

I have been watching city for nearly 40 years, and Tinnon is the best left footer player during that period.

And many more qualified plaudits than yourselves, would agree, how many times as he made it into the divisional team of the season.

When would bigger clubs chase him during his team at the club.

If you watch, sky sports regularly you would heard that many ex internationals regard him as one of the best players not to play in the premiership, due to his loyalty to the club.

I have seen Tins play since his early days at the club and he as always given 100%

I expect you two, probably regard Scott McGravey as one of the city greats. :(

Those two so called city supports - Robbored & Arpaul. - what a pair of tits.

Language from such a elderly statesman!

I have been watching city for nearly 40 years, and Tinnon is the best left footer player during that period.

Yep, he has a good left foot, but try & read what the guys have said before you make a fool of yourself with such drival.

So Alan Walsh was no match?

And many more qualified plaudits than yourselves, would agree, how many times as he made it into the divisional team of the season.

Its all about opinions & while you are worth your shout, so are everyone else

When would bigger clubs chase him during his team at the club.

Can't grasp what this means, but if it means interest from other clubs, why hasn't he moved on? Like I said he has been loyal - fair play.

If you watch, sky sports regularly you would heard that many ex internationals regard him as one of the best players not to play in the premiership, due to his loyalty to the club.

Missed this one!

I have seen Tins play since his early days at the club and he as always given 100%

Again valid point & no one has disputed this - 100% & loyal.

I expect you two, probably regard Scott McGravey as one of the city greats. :(

Who is McGRAVEY ? Do you mean that blond stunner McGarvey. Was he left footed?

Very personal poster attack here.

See my response below.

But I think robbored & Arpaul make a lovely pair of Bristols B)

Its not a personal attack on the guys.

Must be true gents as they support city.

Fair enough.

I must remeber that calling someone a t1t is not a personal attack. :(

But you are right, we all do support this great club, albeit that we may have differing opinions. :wub:

Archived