IGNORED

Where Be All The Wilson Haters

Guest zider_head

Guest zider_head

All you haters crawled back into your holes after 3 wins on the trot and city up to 3rd no wonder some rovers fans call city fans fickle

Because city's performance was well below par.

Because after goddamn knows how many years, wilson had achieved little bar last year's cup.

I'm really happy city are kicking into gear, but I'd wait until we've played the top of the division before I'd start gloating....

Still - 3rd! Wahoo! ^_^

Guest GUERNSEY TAFFY RED

I'm one and 3 games ago i gave him an ultimatum to win the next five games or go. We've won 3 now so he has another two games left to win my confidence in his abilities.

Guest KingswoodRed
All you haters crawled back into your holes after 3 wins on the trot and city up to 3rd no wonder some rovers fans call city fans fickle
<br /> How predictable, and how boring.

One day, and I will not hold my breath, but one day the word hate might actually be used in it's proper context here.

Just because people may not agree with Wilson's tactics etc. it does not mean he is hated.

I did not agree with his post Christmas tactics back to at least 3 months ago, that does not mean I hated him.

I do not make a habit of hiding under stones either, or in your case holes.

Just take a look at the table, and when City are at the very least guaranteed of a play-off place than start.

One quick look will tell you that one loss with other results going against City will mean 9th place again.

How predictable, and how boring.

How right you are, but is it not the same when City lose?

All the "Wilson Haters" come out demanding that he be sacked and stating this to SL on his forum etc.

It is all becoming a little bit tedious now.

As they say "You cannot please all of the people, all of the time", so let's just see how things go.

At the moment everyone should be happy, let's hope that it stay's that way for the foreseeable future ^_^

i have said give wilson a chance and my jury is still out on him

untill he delivers promotion he will always have his doubters,

yes we have had a good christmas and well done to them but

the picture is not fully painted yet we need to keep it up and

be consistant like the top 2 ^_^

Guest GUERNSEY TAFFY RED
i have said give wilson a chance and my jury is still out on him

untill he delivers promotion he will always have his doubters,

yes we have had a good christmas and well done to them but

the picture is not fully painted yet  we need to keep it up and

be consistant like the top 2  ^_^

Same train of thought, i believe the last time we won three on the trot we then proceeded to get one point from the next couple.

Guest Ricky BCFC

But similarly, where are all the Wilson lovers when we lose a bunch of games?

Both groups are guilty of the same thing. They call eachother out and accuse them of hiding when they do exactly the same thing themselves.

Guest Dolman Moaner

Here I am !!!!!

Not a Wilson hater mind you, hate is too strong a word, but certainly not a fan.

So we've won three games on the bounce, good.

We should be on winning runs like this with the manager having been here

for as long as he has and the resource he has at his disposal for a Second Division club.

It's been said before and I still agree, if we win promotion, it will be in spite of Wilson, not because of him.

Yawn :Sleep15: :Sleep15: :Sleep15:

Very, Very, Very, Very predictable :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12:

Now I don't wanna bore any of you but can I remind you (zider_head especially) plus anyone else how was unaware. If people continue to post this garbage I may be forced to bring my earlier thread back to the top, just to clarify it all again ^_^

Click here, oh yeah and by the way NOTHING has changed, nor is it likely to.

Thing is, if Wilson was so 'darn' good at his job then you'd not have to post this, would you?

So, none of the blame should go towards the players then??

It's all been Wilson's fault??

In affect, If Wilson or the players were so good at their jobs, they would be in the Prem.

Weather that we be with us or someone else, who knows?

But I would much rather have DW as manager, rather than some of the people out there pretending to be football club managers!!

I'm not a 'hater', the man's a human being doing a difficult job, and anyone who says they 'hate' him needs to either get a grip or buy a dictionary.

Having said that, I do not think he is getting the best out of the squad that is available to him, and I do not appreciate his management style. Ok, we're third, but to get to 85 points this season, we still need to average two points a game from here on in, and even that may not quite be enough. That's a big ask, and the size of the task is due, in no small measure, to Wilson's inability to decide on his best XI for half of the season.

Danny Wilson has never properly committed himself to Bristol City. He still lives in Chesterfield and commutes up and down the motorway.

How can a manager have a good grasp of the dynamics of a group of players, when he lives so far away and is not around on a daily basis? You only have to look at his treatment of the players he has given the captain's armband this season to see that he has little or no clue as to the hierachy within the squad.

How can a manager watch the reserves and scout for players, when he spends half his life on the M5? Well, the fact is, he can't and he doesn't.

How can any manager operate at 100% when they live so far away from the training ground? It simply is not possible for anyone to commute such vast distances and be focussed totally on the job in hand.

Now, it may be that Danny Wilson is staying in the Yorkshire area so that his son can continue to develop his career at Sheffield Wednesday. That's an admirable sacrifice from any parent, but when it is at the expense of doing his own job to the best of his abilities, it simply is not acceptable.

If Danny Wilson wants to be our manager, then I would like to see him commit himself to finding, buying and moving into a house in the area. If he isn't prepared to make that commitment, then he isn't putting Bristol City first and, as far as i'm concerned, that is not good enough.

Danny Wilson has made several public statements, asking the fans to stick behind the team, or for the players to show more commitment to the cause. Well, perhaps Mr Wilson would like to show a similar level of devotion by actually living in the vicinity of the club who pay him so handsomely, then, perhaps I could take his pleas more seriously.

I live in Glos does that make me any less of a fan than someone who lives in Bristol.

No. I'm not talking about where fans live, as that is completely irrelevant to the point. I'm talking about where our manager lives and how I believe it affects his ability to do his job properly.

I work all over the country, does that make me a worse worker than someone who lives local.

That would depend on the nature of your work.

Beckham lives and plays in Spain does that mean he cant play for England.

Not as far as I am aware, no.

Dosent matter where he lives we are 3rd that will do me (for now)

It does matter, and it won't do for me (for now).

As mentioned by cider head, the jury is still out on Danny Wilson after his 4 season stint as head AG honcho. If Wilson gets us promotion then I'll sprinkle red rose petals at his feet, better still, if he gets us the Championship then I'll crown his head with laurel leaves.

Up the City

We're the best, f##k the rest.

Which 4 seasons are those then?

C

Guest cider gliders

Fer gods sake leave the bloke alone, even when we win you slag I'm off!

he be doin` a steady job so let I'm get on with it! The blokes a diamond

compaired ta pulis and Benny! Or Graydon! Were third in the league and still risin`!

We remember when ole Alan Dicks was manager, an we struggled fer

a few yers, an the city fans were always calling fer I'm ta be sacked!

What happend? Harry Dolman stood by I'm an He took us into the promise land!

We would like ta congratulate ole Danny on takin` us inta third place in

the table! Where we be sure you ole would have settled fer that at the halfway

stage last August!

The boy`s played really well today, so be proud of them! Real fans don`t

slag off their team nor the manager! Get behind them an you will be rewarded!

Sorry for the moan! Ha-Ha! Were back on the cider! Hic!! UP THE CITY! ^_^

<br /> Which 4 seasons are those then?

C

Maths not your strong point then? Wilson's first full season was 2000/2001, then there's 2001/2002 and then 2002/2003. That's 3 seasons in charge. At the end of this season he would have 4 seasons in charge. Your original post said his 4 season stint - he hasn't had it yet!

C

Reply to Cheese

Picky or what?

Are you one of those people that insists there are 365 days in the year, when in fact there are 365.24 days ????!!!!!  :P  B)  B)

No, not at all. And if you think he should've done better in 3 and a half seasons in charge then fair enough - but it's disingenuous to talk about his 4 season stint when he hasn't been here 4 seasons.

C

I thought he had a flat in Bristol and infact he stays down here a lot?

Can anyone clarify that?

CHEERS

<br /> My understanding is that he sometimes stays at someone elses flat in Bristol but is often not at training/reserve matches/academy matches due to living in Chesterfield. I also believe that he doesn't travel with the squad to matches; perhaps a result of living roughly 160 miles away from the employer that pays him a 6 figure salary.

Someone must know. I stand to be corrected on this but I believe what I say to be correct. It would certainly be interesting to know for sure.

Guest Harry May

You can do Chesterfield to Bristol in 2 hours if you have a Harrier Jump Jet . In a car it's more like 4 hours .

I also thought he had a flat down here.

Caldicot Red.

Guest zider_head

i only posted this origianly as i got so fed up with all the people moaning and thew board ebing filled up with all sots of thjese posts that i thought i would see who thought what now ? didnt want to start world war 3 it is xmas and were 3rd i think plymouth will drop away to small a squad we got strength in depth i think look at the bench lately.

i think it will be between us and qpr if things go to plan cant see sheffield wens doing anything now and brighton are blowing hot and cold, not so many robins moaners now either ?

He has a flat on the waterfront, Rented I believe.

He stays in Bristol for a portion of the week, Travels home after a Saturday game.

If that is true, then, to me, that simply isn't good enough.

The manager of our club should be living and breathing Bristol City. He should be watching the reserves, watching the Under-19s, watching the Under-17s, scouting for players and should always be around and available for any player who has a worry or a concern. Managing a football club should be about throwing yourself completely into the task of getting the most out of every single player and member of staff working under you.

Danny's home is in Chesterfield, and I doubt very much if his wife tolerates him being away from home for six days of the week from July until May. At best, I would guess he is in Bristol for three days a week, on average.

People often say "Wilson knows best, as he sees the players at training every day, whereas we do not". My question would be: Does he?

My guess would be that Frank Barlow takes training for most of the week and briefs Danny on what is going on a day or so before a game.

I may be wrong, as I'm just guessing at the practicalities of working in Bristol and having a home, a wife and a family in Chesterfield, but there is no possible way that he is putting as much into the job as he would/could if he lived in the Bristol area and, to me, that is not an acceptable situation.

Frankly, the next time I hear Danny Wilson asking for more commitment from a player or more support from the fans, I will not be able to take it seriously.

I'm really happy city are kicking into gear, but I'd wait until we've played the top of the division before I'd start gloating....

That's funny because I thought we'd already played Plymouth (1st) and beaten them at their own ground, QPR (2nd) and drawn at their ground, Brighton (4th) beaten them at their 'ground', Barnsley (5th) beaten them at the Gate, Wrexham (6th) and drawn at their ground, which covers the top 6 with no defeats and only 1 home match......

Also my parents live in Chesterfield (infact I'm there right now for the Xmas/New Year Period) and can safely say that it takes less than 3 hours (barring traffic) to make the trip. I did it yesterday in 2hr 50 and that includes the M5 having been closed off between Gloucester and Cheltenham so having to improvise a shotcut through Cheltenham's 30mph roads........

Also my parents live in Chesterfield (infact I'm there right now for the Xmas/New Year Period) and can safely say that it takes less than 3 hours (barring traffic) to make the trip.  I did it yesterday in 2hr 50 and that includes the M5 having been closed off between Gloucester and Cheltenham so having to improvise a shotcut through Cheltenham's 30mph roads........

And would you consider it to be an acceptable distance for our manager to live from the club he 'manages'?

Reply to Edson

I'm glad you're back Edson as you've almost single-handedly livened up this forum with some superb lively and topical posts  :P  Where does Danny Wilson live?  :(  :wub:  :P  - in the Fuhrer bunker in a coal scuttle helmet if our promotion is cocked up again this season.

Cheers, RG (less of the 'almost', if you don't mind!).

I am amazed that people appear to be so non-plussed by the fact that the manager of our football club lives so far away from Bristol and, seemingly, has no intention of moving.

He has been backed in the transfer market and has been given a very generous three year contract by our board, yet, apparently, he isn't even prepared to commit himself to Bristol City by moving to the area.

I'm not sure what disturbs me more. The fact he lives so far away or the fact that people don't seem to think it matters.

It does matter and it is, inevitably, costing us.

Does his regular absence explain things like the Clist situation and his general apparent stubbornness? Perhaps he just sticks with what he knows because he isn't around enough to know any different.

Does it explain why Clist and Hulbert were included in preseason, while Wilson was away golfing (sorry, I mean 'scouting') but were dropped as soon as he got back. Maybe Frank sees a lot more of the players and is in a better position to utilise the squad.

Maybe these aren't the reasons, but while we have a manager who spends as much time on the M5 as he does at the training ground, the questions will always be there and the answers will never be clear.

If people aren't worried by this, then they should be.

If that is true, then, to me, that simply isn't good enough.

The manager of our club should be living and breathing Bristol City. He should be watching the reserves, watching the Under-19s, watching the Under-17s, scouting for players and should always be around and available for any player who has a worry or a concern. Managing a football club should be about throwing yourself completely into the task of getting the most out of every single player and member of staff working under you.

Danny's home is in Chesterfield, and I doubt very much if his wife tolerates him being away from home for six days of the week from July until May. At best, I would guess he is in Bristol for three days a week, on average.

People often say "Wilson knows best, as he sees the players at training every day, whereas we do not". My question would be: Does he?

My guess would be that Frank Barlow takes training for most of the week and briefs Danny on what is going on a day or so before a game.

I may be wrong, as I'm just guessing at the practicalities of working in Bristol and having a home, a  wife and a family in Chesterfield, but there is no possible way that he is putting as much into the job as he would/could if he lived in the Bristol area and, to me, that is not an acceptable situation.

Frankly, the next time I hear Danny Wilson asking for more commitment from a player or more support from the fans, I will not be able to take it seriously.

This is all supposition on your part but why don't you interview him to clarify it.

<br /> I'll ask, but I know for a fact he won't do it.

Pity - he'd be able to tell you that half the sides in this division are within a couple of hours drive of his front door, as are by far the majority of all clubs and professionals in England (and, no doubt, their agents).

Geographically speaking Chesterfield is very much in the mainstream of English football (the M1/M6 corridor), so if he doesn't himself spend half the week 'oop Noorth' scouting and spying on City's behalf I think it would be a very good idea if he or a senior assistant did.

Trying to imply that he is only giving his job part-time attention just because he feels able to delegate more to his staff than the less-secure breed of manager is, frankly, unworthy of you. But if that's the biggest stick you have left to beat the man with then things can't be too bad can they?

<br /> Pity - he'd be able to tell you that half the sides in this division are within a couple of hours drive of his front door, as are by far the majority of all clubs and professionals in England (and, no doubt, their agents).

Geographically speaking Chesterfield is very much in the mainstream of English football (the M1/M6 corridor), so if he doesn't himself spend half the week 'oop Noorth' scouting and spying on City's behalf I think it would be a very good idea if he or a senior assistant did.

Trying to imply that he is only giving his job part-time attention just because he feels able to delegate more to his staff than the less-secure breed of manager is, frankly, unworthy of you. But if that's the biggest stick you have left to beat the man with then things can't be too bad can they?

So, he is paid a manager's salary so that he can go home and scout while he delegates his managerial responsibilities to others. Might I suggest the rather unorthodox approach of paying a manager to do a manager's job and for him to delegate scouting responsibilites to his scouting staff?

If that's the best defence you can conjure up to justify the man's behaviour then he can't be doing much right, can he?

If that's the best defence you can conjure up to justify the man's behaviour then he can't be doing much right, can he?

Actually the best defence of Danny Wilson is also the best in this division so far this season and actually has a very good chance of being the best in City's history over 46 matches.

If only the attack had been as efficient at converting the chances they've had we'd be all but promoted already. Let's hope for improvement in the months ahead.

But that is just froth, obviously the manager's sleeping arrangements are far more important and I really must try to take more interest.

Couldn't agree more with Redun, surely it is results that matter, and how can you argue with our position now (3rd incase anyone had forgotten) and 3 wins in a row.

As far as I can see Danny is around in Bristol most the time and who can blame him for not moving children etc when we all know how precarious management positions in football are.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion but surely Danny's private life is just that, private and up to him. I would say that anyone in football management puts in excessive hours and over 100% commitment by the very nature of the job and Danny is no different in that respect.

Give him a break and support the team for a change!

<br />But that is just froth, obviously the manager's sleeping arrangements are far more important and I really must try to take more interest.

Perhaps I didn't make it obvious enough for you. It's his working location/time/arrangements that I am questioning rather than his sleeping arrangements but if it suits you to gloss over that then by all means continue frothing.

That he lives in a hotbed of football is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard to Bristol City and he should be using scouting staff to carry out scouting throughout the country while he gets on with the high-level stuff that he is employed to do. The point that edson was making was that it is impractical to carry out that responsibility truly effectively with a daily 5 hour commute thrown into the equation. It isn't considered too much to ask for a civil servant on £20,000/year to up sticks to carry out their job. Why should that be different for a man on multiple times that when all of the infrastructure that he is employed to manage is in Bristol? Kids, wife, whatever, it simply isn't good enough. Perhaps the mistake I am making is to judge him by my own standards. In his position, I would move to be closer to my working responsibility. All about opinions I suppose.

I'm glad he spends so much time scouting and spying on City's behalf. That would explain how he managed to unearth.... oh, I can't think of a single player he's scouted himself. Odd that.

Yep and mine is that this "criticism" is s####ing the bottom of the barrel stuff - like I said before, a sign that things really must be looking up.

I'm glad you find it so irrelevant that our highly paid manager is only at training half the time, doesn't travel to away games with the team and, resultantly, hasn't a full understanding of the dynamics of the squad of players he 'manages'.

Danny Wilson is, indeed, very lucky that things are looking up at present, or people may not take this quite so lightly.

<br /> I'm glad you find it so irrelevant that our highly paid manager is only at training half the time, doesn't travel to away games with the team and, resultantly, hasn't a full understanding of the dynamics of the squad of players he 'manages'.

Danny Wilson is, indeed, very lucky that things are looking up at present, or people may not take this quite so lightly.

To be honest, it doesn't bother me one bit and it obviously didn't bother anyone else until this thread.

You say he is only at training for half the time etc but do you actually know this? and if it's true, do you know what he's doing instead?

Is he really sat at home with the family or is he doing business on behalf of BCFC?

On the fence with this one still.

Yep, we have pulled in an impressive haul over the Xmas break, but we played teams going through some very poor form.

I have always been behind DW, until this season, as I believe we should be in Plymouths position now,given the support he has had from the Board.

Tactically & player position wise he has fallen down badly this season.

Don't hate the guy, but jury I am afraid is out still.

<br />"criticism" is s####ing the bottom of the barrel stuff

but only if you are aiming that criticism at the manager, apparently. Criticising bemused players that are being inexplicably picked/dropped/played out of position etc. is perfectly acceptable.

<br /> I'm glad you find it so irrelevant that our highly paid manager is only at training half the time, doesn't travel to away games with the team and, resultantly, hasn't a full understanding of the dynamics of the squad of players he 'manages'.

Considering you live in East Anglial with manifestly no reason to know who is on the training time at any given time and are even less likely to be on the team coach (unless you moonlight for Peter Carol?), I'm sure we'd all be interested to know who your source is for this information and why they think it helpful to squad dynamics to make such a song and dance about it at this time?

Considering you live in East Anglial with manifestly no reason to know who is on the training time at any given time and are even less likely to be on the team coach (unless you moonlight for Peter Carol?), I'm sure we'd all be interested to know who your source is for this information and why they think it helpful to squad dynamics to make such a song and dance about it at this time?

Well, do you see Danny Wilson getting on and off the team coach when you're talking to players before and after away games, arranging interviews etc for your website? I don't.

Are you seriously suggesting he is at training in Bristol every day, whilst living in Chesterfield? Doesn't seem likely to me. Perhaps someone on here goes to watch training and can verify if he is always there.

As someone else said, it's supposition on my part, but it's based in the logistics of living 160 miles from where you work.

Anyway, shouldn't Danny be househunting for flats overlooking the Copacabana? Now there's a hotbed of footballing talent.

Tell me when it is a good time to make a song and dance about it, though, will you? After we've agonisingly missed out on promotion again, perhaps?

QUOTE (Tipps @ Dec 30 2003, 10:19 PM)

Is he really sat at home with the family or is he doing business on behalf of BCFC? 

I don't know, but if I was a shareholder, I'd be more than a little interested in the answer to that.

Why not ask the chairman on the SteveL forum as you're so bothered?

Tell me when it is a good time to make a song and dance about it, though, will you? After we've agonisingly missed out on promotion again, perhaps?

IF we should agonisingly miss out on promotion again it will be because the banjo players inability to trouble the bovine backside often enough.

<br /> IF we should agonisingly miss out on promotion again it will be because the banjo players inability to trouble the bovine backside often enough.

S####ing the bottom of the barrel again, I see.

Why not ask the chairman on the SteveL forum as you're so bothered?

I wouldn't expect the chairman to answer a question from me about the day-to-day whereabouts of his manager. I am discussing the rights and, more prominently, wrongs of Danny Wilson's management, and I wouldn't expect Steve Lansdown to get involved in such a debate.

My point was that, on the incredibly rare occasions Mr Wilson makes himself available to the general public (such as an AGM), it might be pertinent for somebody to raise the question directly to him.

IF we should agonisingly miss out on promotion again it will be because the banjo players inability to trouble the bovine backside often enough.

Perhaps the musicians would improve if the conductor was around more often for rehearsal. Nah, what am I thinking?

I'm amazed at the amount of rhetoric, supposition and just plain nonsense that Edson has generated with his personal vendetta about where and when Danny Wilson is actually performing his job.

Let's be blunt about it, it's nobody's business except the board's and Danny Wilson himself.

However and whenever he spends his time with Bristol City FC was obviously discussed in the deal he signed and, because the deal was sanctioned by the board, then they too are happy with the arrangements.

By questioning Wilson's commitment to BCFC, you are also questioning the board's commitment to the club - Is that something you really want to do?

Ultimately, I am extremely happy with the Board's handling of the club and the general direction and therefore, if they are happy with Wilson's workrate and commitment, then so am I.

End of story - there's nothing else to debate.

• Admin
I'm amazed at the amount of rhetoric, supposition and just plain nonsense that Edson has generated with his personal vendetta about where and when Danny Wilson is actually performing his job.

Let's be blunt about it,  it's nobody's business except the board's and Danny Wilson himself.

So, which subjects ARE we allowed to care about and discuss? I'd have thought that the ability of our manager to conduct training sessions by actually being in Bristol would have been of interest to many. Maybe we should just stick to discussing what we actually see on a Saturday afternoon or a Tuesday evening. Oh what an interesting forum that would make.

• Admin
<br /> IF we should agonisingly miss out on promotion again it will be because the banjo players inability to trouble the bovine backside often enough.

....and nothing to do with the current management team's complete failure to successfully address our ineptitude at set pieces during the three and a half years they have been here?

Ok, goalscoring may be said to be something that can't be taught but defending certainly can be!

Ok, goalscoring may be said to be something that can't be taught but defending certainly can be!
<br /> And the best defensive record in the division isn't good enough :(

• Admin
<br /> And the best defensive record in the division isn't good enough  :(

Are you disputing that our defensive work at set-pieces cannot be improved upon? 20 teams in this division have conceded less goals than ourselves from set-pieces despite us having the best overall record. If we could cut out the frailties when defending set-pieces (ingnoring attacking ones for now) we would be top of the league right now and our shyness in front of goal wouldn't be so much of an issue.

The situation here is nothing new and I guess applies at the majority of clubs. The sheer volatility of football management indicates that few people would be willing to continually uproot their families every three or four years which is just about the average lifespan of managers (3 or 4 months at some clubs like Palace who must have arevolving door in the managers office).

Who on this forum would want to have their children growing up continualy having to make new friends or being shifted from school to school or house to house. I know I wouldn't.

Bobby Gould has lived in Portishead for years whist managing outside of the area and know he is not unique. I am sure that Wilson's proposed living arrangements were discussed at his interview and obviously sanctioned.

A casual visitor to this forum would think we were on the brink of relegation.

Can we now put this urban myth about where Wilson sleeps to bed (no pun intended) and actually get back to supporting the club we all supposedly love.

Reading the SL forum, it appears that DW DOES have a house in Bristol & stays down during the week.

Nothing unusal for modern day Managers to travel home. :(

That's what I'd always understood too Richie which is one reason I've had trouble deciding whether this thread was serious or a Christmas wind-up. On balance I've found it even funnier than Janov's efforts.

I may be wrong but doesn't Joe Jordan still live in the house near the training ground that he occupied when City were relegated under his management?

<br /> So, which subjects ARE we allowed to care about and discuss? I'd have thought that the ability of our manager to conduct training sessions by actually being in Bristol would have been of interest to many. Maybe we should just stick to discussing what we actually see on a Saturday afternoon or a Tuesday evening. Oh what an interesting forum that would make.

It's one thing to speculate about the manager's daily itinery but entirely another to incite suspicion and resentment with nothing more to go on other than the fact that his family lives some distance from Bristol.

The forum is not a free-for-all to to issue libellous remarks about the character and commitment of Bristol City staff, or anyone else for that matter.

Whether or not Edson's comments were tongue-in-cheek is beside the point. It was in poor taste, undeserved and typical of the sort of barrel-s####ing that the manager's detractors are resorting to now that complaining about team selection and performance is not relevant for the time being.

It's one thing to speculate about the manager's daily itinery but entirely another to incite suspicion and resentment with nothing more to go on other than the fact that his family lives some distance from Bristol.

I merely raised my concerns that, with a manager living so far from Bristol, I could not see how he could be dedicating the large amount of time required to manage Bristol City and, hence, be doing the job to his maximum ability. If people disagree, then that is fine (it's almost the essence of what a forum is about, one could say) and, bearing in mind this thread has created more responses and decent debate than many other lately, I would say it was a decent enough topic for a forum such as this.

The forum is not a free-for-all to to issue libellous remarks about the character and commitment of Bristol City staff, or anyone else for that matter.

Quite right. I'll leave that sort of thing to Danny in his post-match comments from now on.

By the way, where are my libellous comments? As I may need to get hold of a good solicitor.

Whether or not Edson's comments were tongue-in-cheek is beside the point.  It was in poor taste, undeserved and typical of the sort of barrel-s####ing that the manager's detractors are resorting to now that complaining about team selection and performance is not relevant for the time being.

Poor taste? Not sure I'm with you there. Perhaps I should put it down to a nasty bout of Wilson Apoligitis.

If this forum isn't for raising issues of concern and discussing them with other fans of both similar and differing views, then perhaps I've been away too long and need to have the reason for this forum explained to me again properly.

I have tried, to the best of my limited ability, to reason out a decent argument, voicing my concerns in relation to how I suppose the amount of time Danny spends on the road may affect his abilty to manage this club with 100% focus. In response, I've mainly been accused of barrel-s####ing, which isn't so much a well-structured counter-argument as.. well... barrel-s####ing.

<br /> Are you disputing that our defensive work at set-pieces cannot be improved upon? 20 teams in this division have conceded less goals than ourselves from set-pieces despite us having the best overall record. If we could cut out the frailties when defending set-pieces (ingnoring attacking ones for now) we would be top of the league right now and our shyness in front of goal wouldn't be so much of an issue.

But the facts are that we have the BEST defensive record in the division, it would be brilliant if we did'nt conceed goals from set-pieces and you may be right, we may be top of the table if we had stopped conceeding these goals.

But also, if we had put away 25% of the chances created we would have probably scored more than Plymouth and would also possibly be top of the league.

Every team in the world can get better, no matter what players they have, you are always going to get individual errors that will cost goals, it's human nature.

It just seems that alot of our goals conceeded from set-pieces have come from these individual errors and theres not alot DW can do about that.

<br /> But the facts are that we have the BEST defensive record in the division, it would be brilliant if we did'nt conceed goals from set-pieces and you may be right, we may be top of the table if we had stopped conceeding these goals.

But also, if we had put away 25% of the chances created we would have probably scored more than Plymouth and would also possibly be top of the league.

Every team in the world can get better, no matter what players they have, you are always going to get individual errors that will cost goals, it's human nature.

It just seems that alot of our goals conceeded from set-pieces have come from these individual errors and theres not alot DW can do about that.

Right, i could take it if it was individual errors that led to us conceding from set pieces, but it is not, it is the fundemental ability to cope with any attacker who has actually worked out that if you move about a bit before the ball comes our defence gets all confused, and you will be gifted a nice free header.

This is all to do with the management team, we have had this problem for 3 and a half seasons now, and NOTHING has been done about it, despite Willsons continual crowing that we need to do something about it.

I don't really mind if Willson is at training or not, as from the completel lack of imporovement in our weak areas i can't help but feel the players just sit down and have a cup of tea for 4 hours at this training thing.

I'm sorry but if you can't improve a teams inability to defend set pieces over a period of 3 1/2 years then you are not a good coach.

Now we have a player who moves off the ball with purpouse, Miller, would it not be advisable to use him to teach the defence, or shock horror teach peacock to move off the ball for set pieces, at the moment we have 1 consistant threat from attacking set pieces and that is Miller, because the others either move around aimlessly or just stand there like statues.

Archived