IGNORED

East End Today

Guest BridgyRed

Guest BridgyRed

I was just wondering what was going on today. Its been quite highly publicised that it will be open for the Chesterfield game but does anyone know wht it was open today? I hadnt seen any advertising so how did the people in there know that it was open?

It wasn't supposed to be open, it happened because the Atyeo and Dolman stands were sold out and there was a queue of people waiting to get in the Williams so the club took it upon themselves to open it up without the need for a month of negotiations with the local constabulary and employing any extra stewards, amazing what can be done in a such a short space of time. ^_^

Guest WillsbridgeRed

And amazingly despite there being no huge metal fences and only few green jacketed top fella there was no trouble.

From where I was sat in the Williams it sounded like there was some good banter going on in there.

• Admin

-It costs extra to open the EastEnd as more stewards need to be deployed.

-City know pretty much when to expect bigger crowds.

-When more turn up to games, opening the East End becomes a more attractive proposition.

Simple as that.

-It costs extra to open the EastEnd as more stewards need to be deployed.

Absolute rubbish! City are by law made to have enough stewards to cope with a full ground every game, so more stewards do not need to be deployed, they just have to spread out a bit more.

Archived