IGNORED

Over The Line?

potbelly

To be fair, the linesman was in line with the last line of defence, and the free-kick took everyone by surprise...seeing the news, the linesman's view of the ball would have been obscured by the goalkeeper's lower body anyway...tough one to call, but it did look over on the box, and that many fans in the Dolman can't all be wrong!

Guest Thornbury Ciderhead

I was sat in Block F of the Dolman Stand - a perfect view.

G O A L

The keeper dragged the ball back from a good foot over the line. Unfortunately, everybody was caught out by the quickly taken kick. The officials were not in position, as such, can not give what they don't see.

Thankfully, we did not lose out. If anything it livened the crowd up and spurred the reds on.

Definately in, I saw it cross the line. The fact that I sit in the Atyeo has absolutely nothing to do with it :P.

All those people can't be wrong though can they?

Doesn't matter at the end of the day though, we got the three points, won by two clear goals, I'm happy with that ^_^ .

what a load of rowlocks - all of you bleating on about what the officials saw or didn't see and yet I definitely did not see a linesman you are all prattling on about because as a species they no longer exist so you all need to get your eyes tested!

Apart from that, I was not convinced it crossed the line and thought the referee and his assistants had a very good game.

Guest The_Boy
thought the referee and his assistants had a very good game.

I cant believe you are serious. The referee had a howler it was absolutely shocking throughout the whole game. The ball definately crossed the line by about a foot and the assistant ref didnt see it because he was too lazy to get back to the line of play. Not only was he not at the goal line (which is understandable) but he wasnt even at the offside line!!!! Appaling performance

Good thing we didnt need that goal ^_^

• Admin
<br /> I cant believe you are serious. The referee had a howler it was absolutely shocking throughout the whole game. The ball definately crossed the line by about a foot and the assistant ref didnt see it because he was too lazy to get back to the line of play. Not only was he not at the goal line (which is understandable) but he wasnt even at the offside line!!!! Appaling performance

Good thing we didnt need that goal  ^_^

Erm, to be fair to the Asst. Referee, (happy now teeps?) he was too busy retrieving the second ball from the referee's weak kick when we took the free-kick early. The referee should have realised this and ruled on whether or not it had crossed the line himself.

As it happens, from my location of back row of H Block of the Atyeo, whilst also leaning behind me to put down my empty Bovril cup, I can confirm categorically with 100% certainty that the ball did indeed cross the line. I thank you.

too busy retrieving the second ball from the referee's weak kick when we took the free-kick early. The referee should have realised this and ruled on whether or not it had crossed the line himself.

Not sure of all the rules, but I dont think play can continue whilst an additional ball is on the field, so had the referee awarded the 'goal' he would have had to immediatley disallow it for the above reason.

As regards to the second ball, I didn't see that either as, as stated earlier in this thread, I was sat behind Robored. ^_^

• Admin
As regards to the second ball, I didn't see that either as, as stated earlier in this thread, I was sat behind Robored. ^_^

I thought one of the specially introduced conditions on robbored's season ticket stated that he had to sit in the back row to avoid interfering* with other supporters' viewing pleasure?

* I would have put "ruining" but that part is taken care of most weeks by Mr Wilson.

<br /> I thought one of the specially introduced conditions on robbored's season ticket stated that he had to sit in the back row to avoid interfering* with other supporters' viewing pleasure?

* I would have put "ruining" but that part is taken care of most weeks by Mr Wilson.

Yes but I got a discount for 'restricted view'

Archived