IGNORED

Darren Hawkins

Guest Swiss Baloney

Guest Swiss Baloney

He seems to be doing very well for Bath, I hope this lad gets a chance at some point because I think he's a good prospect for the right wing, bering in mind he is just a nipper and he did well for us in pre season, and scored two in three games for Bath. I recon he should get a go at a club in a higher divsion this season ?

"The game was poised at 1-1, as loan star Darren Hawkins had drawn City level two minutes after Nancekivell had put the Devon side ahead during the first half, when Frankie Bennett whipped in a great cross that, under pressure from Hawkins, Rees could only fire past his own keeper." Nicked from Bath City Website.

Guest Harry May

Seen him play in the Leeds pre-season friendly , in which he did well. Definately one for the future.

Having said that , with Roberts suspended and the possibility of Amankwaah still being injured , if we do n't sign this geezer from Sjoke , I would hope that he may get a chance at Meadow Lane.

Caldicot Red.

Guest petemcc

Darren played left side midfield against Tiverton for Bath City last week. Lots of ball trickery and a well taken goal.

He hit a 40 yarder against the underside of the bar in a previous game.

Worth coming along to see some real quality this Saturday........

Seen him play in the Leeds pre-season friendly , in which he did well. Definately one for the future.

Having said that , with Roberts suspended and the possibility of Amankwaah still being injured , if we do n't sign this geezer from Sjoke , I would hope that he may get a chance at Meadow Lane.

Caldicot Red.

"This geezer" is a LEFT winger who can play up front he is therefore not going to fill any right wing spaces.

<br /> "This geezer" is a LEFT winger who can play up front he is therefore not going to fill any right wing spaces.

I thought he could play on either wing.

However, going back to the original thread, Amankwaah's cloud could be Hawkins' silver lining. I too wonder if he will be recalled from Bath in light of Amankwaah's enforced absence.

I thought he could play on either wing.

So does my Stoke City ST brother-in-law

I too wonder if he will be recalled from Bath in light of Amankwaah's enforced absence

I wouldn't mind seeing it, although the times I've seen him play for you/19s, rezzies and in pre-season he hasn't played the classic winger role that is deemed compulsory at Ashton Gate (a la Bent, Goodridge, Murray).

From what I've seen he is a well-built player who can look after himself, with a very good eye for goal who can play on either flank of midfield looking to ghost into the spaces behind the striker. In other words, pretty much what Wilkshire and Clist have been asked to do from the right side of midfield at various times this season.

you/19s
<br /> Had to wonder what I might have meant by this on re-reading the thread, then the penny dropped.

Is there some script running which irrespective of context will force abbreviations into what someone else thinks we should be saying?

I'm not using text talk so I'd quite like to be able to abbreviate under 19s in my own way, thank you!

Archived